Pro Bowler Tress Way

MikeT14

39 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Definitely much deserved for Tress Way, Collins and Ioannidis.

Personally, I think Scherff got in just based off of name recognition but, I’m happy for him.

The team up north set the pro bowl record with 12.

Wait, you think scherff got in that way but not Collins? Maybe the afc just had better safeties?

10 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Wait, you think scherff got in that way but not Collins? Maybe the afc just had better safeties?

Collins has been our best all-around defender this year IMO. There's an argument to be made for any of our down 3 or Dunny though, but Collins definitely is deserving of the pro bowl.

I once again don't know why you're hating on a Redskins player for getting recognition he obviously deserves. Is it because of your preconceived bias against him?

I guess you and others just want to hold on to your prediction when we signed him that he's not a great player. He's been great this year.

With Collins this year, our coverage vs TEs has been better than in years past and that’s mostly bc of him, he's been a monster in the run game.  He’s a safety leading the team in tackles with 111 tackles through 14 games who has 8 more tackles then our next closest defender (Holcomb), 8 tackles for loss, 3 QB hits, with a sack, 3 passes defensed and a forced fumble.

I'd just like to know what more you’d like him to be as a SS?

Edited by turtle28

7 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Landon Collins did not deserve to go the Pro Bowl:  Wildly inconsistent, had a few good games but mostly a non factor all season. 

Wrong, this guy doesn’t know safety play at all, doesn’t value the position and doesn’t think a defense needs good or great safeties to be great. Which, is ridiculous bc all great defenses have good to great safety play.

Edited by turtle28

41 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Collins has our best defender this year IMO. There's an argument to be made for our down 3 & Dunny though, but Collins definitely deserving of the pro bowl. I once again don't know why you're hating on a Redskins player for getting recognition he obviously deserves. Is it because of your preconceived bias against him?

Because he didn't actually deserve it. I don't remember seeing on the field what he did to deserve a PRO BOWL recognition. Is it possible your preconceived bias of him making the Popularity Pro Bowl is hindering your eyes from seeing that?

I guess you and others just want to hold on to your prediction when we signed him that he's not a great player. He's been great this year.

He's been good, not gamechanging.

With Collins this year, our coverage vs TEs has been better this year and that’s mostly bc of him, he's been a monster in the run game and he's a safety with 111 tackles through 14 games who has 8 more tackles then our next closest defender (Holcomb), 8 tackles for loss, 3 QB hits, with a sack, 3 passes defensed and a forced fumble.

I'd just like to know what more you’d like him to be as a SS?

A gamechanger for $14 million a year. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Because he didn't actually deserve it. I don't remember seeing on the field what he did to deserve a PRO BOWL recognition. Is it possible your preconceived bias of him making the Popularity Pro Bowl is hindering your eyes from seeing that?

He's been good, not gamechanging.

A gamechanger for $14 million a year. 

Because you obviously don’t value our leading tackler - he flies around the field making open field tackles - and you don’t value a safety that can get 8 tackles for loss and a safety that has pretty much shut down every TE we’ve faced this year as opposed to how TEs used to kill this defense - before we signed Collins last March - this entire decade.

It’s just not true that he doesn’t deserve to be in the pro bowl but, I’m obviously not changing your biased mind and I'm not arguing over this anymore. We’ve had these discussions as a forum dating back to the 2015 draft and it’s really sad that a great SS is still greatly under appreciated in this forum which really frustrates me. 

Frankly, I’ll still stick to my position I had leading up to and during the 2015 draft that if I had control of that draft I would have selected Leonard Williams at #5 or traded back and selected Collins in the middle to end of the first round over taking Scherff at #5 overall in the draft. That was a mistake. Scherff is a good guard, but he’s not great, he’s not worth $16 million on a franchise tag next year or a $90 million dollar contract and he hasn’t lived up to his draft selection.

Also, not that it matters, but Collins’ cap hit this year is $3.85 million. It’s true though in the next two years his cap hit goes up to $14.2 in 2020 and $17.2 in 2021 and then, after that they can cut him and get out of the deal. Collins’ contract is basically a 3-year contract if the Redskins want it to be. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-redskins/landon-collins-16757/

POTENTIAL OUT: 2022, 3 YR, $44,825,000; $6,000,000 DEAD CAP

Edited by turtle28