Lamar Jackson / Joe Burrow what do we do going forward?

brownie man

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He isn’t a dumb guy though, so you’d have to attribute a lot of the dumb plays to inexperience and an ill fitting scheme.

Kid never had a chance being thrown to the wolves like he was.

Eh, general intelligence doesn't always equate to a high football IQ. Rookie or not, he just made so many mind-boggling decisions. For every great play he'd make, he'd make about 5 completely idiotic ones.

But yes, he was definitely thrown to the wolves when he clearly wasn't ready for it. As limited as Kessler was, he gave us a better chance to win at least one or two games that year, IMO.

Edited by DawgX
  • Like 2

I for one am not as trepidatious as some of the Brothers in here may be. 

I see Joe Burrow as a solid college QB, but making a move to the Pro's I dont see a Brady, I see maybe a Matt Ryan on the high end and another Andy Dalton on the low end. So he would not scare me as much as Chase Young going to Cincy....ESPECIALLY with our current OT situation.

Lamar Jackson is killing it....but the Offense is Gimicky to me.....same as the "Wild Cat" formation that took the league by storm....the Pistol/Read Option offense that made RGIII so successful his rookie year. Jackson is in an offense that only he could run at the NFL level...maybe Marriota....but this offense works with a ton of trickery and he makes the MAJORITY of his throws to TE's crossing (and wide open because of the run action) or hitting backs out the backfield. He rarely throws outside the numbers or deep (if its not WIDE open because of the run actions/play fake). I want to see him as successful in year 2 when DC's have had a chance to adjust.....remember Nobody run the Wild Cat or Redksins offense anymore...they are packages and plays sprinkled in. I think this will show up next year.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I for one am not as trepidatious as some of the Brothers in here may be. 

I see Joe Burrow as a solid college QB, but making a move to the Pro's I dont see a Brady, I see maybe a Matt Ryan on the high end and another Andy Dalton on the low end. So he would not scare me as much as Chase Young going to Cincy....ESPECIALLY with our current OT situation.

Lamar Jackson is killing it....but the Offense is Gimicky to me.....same as the "Wild Cat" formation that took the league by storm....the Pistol/Read Option offense that made RGIII so successful his rookie year. Jackson is in an offense that only he could run at the NFL level...maybe Marriota....but this offense works with a ton of trickery and he makes the MAJORITY of his throws to TE's crossing (and wide open because of the run action) or hitting backs out the backfield. He rarely throws outside the numbers or deep (if its not WIDE open because of the run actions/play fake). I want to see him as successful in year 2 when DC's have had a chance to adjust.....remember Nobody run the Wild Cat or Redksins offense anymore...they are packages and plays sprinkled in. I think this will show up next year.

Preach!