PRO BOWL SNUBS

Pandomonium

Warner probably wasn't even the most notable linebacker snub (probably Demario Davis, tbh). I don't think he was a major snub. 

Armstead got hosed, but the NFC is completely stacked up front. He should have gotten it over Fletcher Cox to be sure (for some reason, he is a DT on the pro bowl ballot, not a DE, so it would have had to be Cox, who really didn't deserve it this year). 

Otherwise, yeah, that's really it. The only true snub I would say is AA, just because all around he's been phenomenal this year, and he now also has the pass rushing stats to back it up. 

I will say that Jimmie Ward's quality of play has been pro bowl level, and I could definitely make the argument that he was snubbed now that I think of it. Sure, he missed two games, but Brees missed 5 and made, Marcus Peters has only played 8 with the Ravens and was a complete abomination during his time with the Rams this year (that selection is a bit of a joke, sorry...you seriously can't play like crap half the year, get traded, play great for the other half of the year and get a pro bowl nod, that's absurd), Ramsey missed games this year, only played 7 for the Rams and is somehow on the roster, so those two games shouldn't have made that big of a difference. 

After that, Budda is really good, I want to give him credit, and I love the back and forth between he and Kittle, but I'm not sure how much he has over Ward. He has a lot of tackles and forced a fumble, so maybe that is it, but after that, Ward has superior metrics pretty much across the board in pass coverage. 

14 hours ago, Pandomonium said:

I'm going to start this thread with two names and you guys can go from there

ARMSTEAD, WARNER

who else got screwed in your opinion ?

DEFINITELY Warner. I don't understand it really. Guy has been ballin this year. Other two guys are simply more recognizable names at this point. I'd argue Warner has had just as good of a season as either Kuechley or Wagner.

And Armstead definitely deserves his due but there alot of dominant DTs in the NFC so somebody's bound to get snubbed every year. DeFo has been snubbed for the last couple of years. I expected no less this year honestly...

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

DEFINITELY Warner. I don't understand it really. Guy has been ballin this year. Other two guys are simply more recognizable names at this point. I'd argue Warner has had just as good of a season as either Kuechley or Wagner.

And Armstead definitely deserves his due but there alot of dominant DTs in the NFC so somebody's bound to get snubbed every year. DeFo has been snubbed for the last couple of years. I expected no less this year honestly...

facts

how do you get double-digit sacks as a DT and don't make the probowl?