::Philadelphia Flyers Thread:: Carter Hart <3

Hockey5djh

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

I was talking to one of my buddies the other day, the #freesanheim movement is in full effect and paying dividends. Dude has the skill set of a top 2 defenseman just needs to keep developing.

Unfortunately Folin is somehow not an upgrade over AMac, we really need Myers up.  

1 hour ago, flyers0909 said:

Unfortunately Folin is somehow not an upgrade over AMac, we really need Myers up.  

I never really had this expectation going in so its not a disappointment for me. You don't bounce around to 3 different teams in 3 seasons as a 27 year old defenseman if there isn't something wrong with you. We're just seeing that he's wildly inconsistent, hopefully he can improve if not I'm just generally going to be hoping for more "Hits" than "misses" when he's in the lineup.

On 10/23/2018 at 11:33 AM, Hockey5djh said:

I'll be shocked if Vorobyev isn't out of the press box in place of Weal next game who can't seem to stay out of the penalty box. It was almost excusable when his line was killing it but they were quiet last night.

If I'm Hak my lines next game are as follows:

G - Coots - TK
Laughton - Patrick - Voracek
Lindblom - Vorobyev - Simmer
Raffl (if healthy) - Lehtera - Weise

Also we really need to figure out the PK, it sucks again.

Sounds like Vorobyev will be back in tomorrow night for...Lindblom.

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, mm6492 said:

Well today is certainly a change.... bye bye Hextall and soon to be bye bye coach as well. 

I kinda sat on this for a little bit and I'm more confused and annoyed today than I was yesterday.

Yesterday the hot rumor was that Hexy refused to fire Hak and that's why he was given the hook. After the press conference today where Homer said the coaching staff is doing a good job and they were tired of the "patient" approach I really don't know what to say. Its a very trying move for me at best, calling up Carter Hart or signing more bad contracts isn't the way to get this team better. Essentially the people responsible for monster contracts and ruining our farm system essentially said that they weren't moving fast enough. I'm annoyed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

I kinda sat on this for a little bit and I'm more confused and annoyed today than I was yesterday.

Yesterday the hot rumor was that Hexy refused to fire Hak and that's why he was given the hook. After the press conference today where Homer said the coaching staff is doing a good job and they were tired of the "patient" approach I really don't know what to say. Its a very trying move for me at best, calling up Carter Hart or signing more bad contracts isn't the way to get this team better. Essentially the people responsible for monster contracts and ruining our farm system essentially said that they weren't moving fast enough. I'm annoyed.

I'm pretty scared after that press conference for the same reasons you mentioned.  Holmgren, or rather someone he hand picks to be GM (who I imagine would share a similar vision), with our stockpile of assets is frightening.  

I agree that Hexy was probably a little too patient and there's things wrong with this team that he didn't address in the offseason (3C, PK, goalie depth, coach), but going too far in the other direction is what killed this team in the first place.  Dave Scott saying he wants to spend to the cap is worrisome.  

• Like 1

The positives that I got out of what I've read (haven't watched the presser yet) is that Hextall said Hart wasn't ready and needs more AHL time (THANK GOD) and it seemed to revolve around not addressing issues such as 3C, PK, Goalie, and Bottom pairing Defense. Quenneville was brought up and seems to be the reason why this all came about but they think Hak is doing a good job with what he was given.

In the end  Hak will probably be left to ride out the season but he's definitely on thin ice. I wouldn't be shocked if the new GM replaced him.

Sounds like Chuck Fletcher is the leader right now, they've also asked to speak to Bill Zito and Dave Nonis (kill me).  Fletcher I think has some ties to Q so that would be nice, although I'm not overly impressed with his resume from Minnesota.  Charlie had a real nice write up on his moves there in the Athletic today.  

Dream scenario right now (not including Yzerman) would be Zito or Greeley from Buffalo with Q or Keefe as coach. 

Hexy's presser today made me think we're really going to regret letting him go.  I understand the frustration with this season, and his inability to make some short term fixes, but he has us in such a good spot right now.  It wouldn't shock me to see Sanheim or Myers go in a trade for immediate help when the new GM comes in.  The amount of times Hexy said he wouldn't trade a prospect or young guy for a mid 30 year old with term makes me think there was some pressure from above to make such a move.  

2 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Looks like it's Fletcher for GM.  Meh. 

I don't mind it. Could have gone with the young up and comer in Zito but Fletcher is an established GM good at keeping a core together and will be active at the deadline (good or bad). I think he is solid at FA but his drafting could use some work. Hopefully our very good scouting department will help out in that area. I think one of the biggest coups in the signing is that he has very solid ties to Quenneville.

Edited by Hockey5djh

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 1:18 PM, flyers0909 said:

Hexy's presser today made me think we're really going to regret letting him go. 

Eh, regardless of what media spins get thrown out there I think in general I already appreciate everything he did over his tenure here. We went from a floundering team with no prospects in cap help to a team with 10+ mil and one of the best farm systems around. Recent struggles aside I think he did a phenomenal job and we're in a much better spot now than we were when he took over.