::Philadelphia Flyers Thread:: Carter Hart <3

Hockey5djh

So I was reading an article yesterday that changed my way of thinking a bit. We all know Fletcher was hired because of his "penchant for action" and we all got scared that he would sell the farm for someone at the deadline only to fall short. What if he went the opposite way? What if he sold at the deadline and traded away the expriring contracts and role players like Simmer, Raffl, Elliot/Neuvy, and maybe MacDonald? We're already sitting at the #4 pick as of right now, whos to say a little "Trust the Process" for the rest of this season while Fletcher puts his stamp on this club in the offseason with some higher draft picks and a buttload of cap space?

Edited by Hockey5djh
  • Like 1

We need to pray that some GMs (looking at you Chiarelli) haven't tuned in to many Flyers games this year and think Simmonds is still a 2nd liner and PP stud.  Our PP as a whole has been terrible but he's especially been awful on it.  I'm starting to wonder if a 1st is unrealistic for him.  2nd + decent prospect is looking more like it.  One advantage is that we would have no problem retaining 50% for some of the more cap strapped contenders.

Completely agreed about Myers too, Fletcher needs to do something to make room for him (possibly Morin too) to get some time in Philly this year.  AMac is the most ideal obviously but I wouldn't mind Hagg going too if we can get something decent back.  I'm really not a fan of his game. 

15 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Chicago is 2 points up on us but we have 3 games in hand on them.

LA - .833
OTT - .854
CHI - .860
PHI - .875

http://www.tankathon.com/nhl

Interesting website. If Chicago got Hughes I'd riot. They were already gifted Kane.

EDIT: Clicked the SIM lottery button once, we won the #1. I'm not clicking it again. 

Edited by Hockey5djh
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Interesting website. If Chicago got Hughes I'd riot. They were already gifted Kane.

EDIT: Clicked the SIM lottery button once, we won the #1. I'm not clicking it again. 

Haha same thing happened to me this morning, I immediately closed the window. 

41 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Not sure about you guys but I can't even watch entire games anymore.  This might be the worst season I've ever experienced as a fan.  At least in 06-07 that team was terrible, but we actually have talent now.  It's just awful hockey.  

I don't know that its the worst because at least half the time they're competitive for the first 50-55 minutes or so. I will say its the most heartbreaking though because of it.

That said I'm not sure what you expected when we went against division leading, Stanley cup defending, Washington in their building last night starting a back-up goalie that we claimed off waivers less than a week ago.

On a brighter note, if Ottawa wins tonight we're in sole possession of last place. #loseforHughes

30 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I don't know that its the worst because at least half the time they're competitive for the first 50-55 minutes or so. I will say its the most heartbreaking though because of it.

That said I'm not sure what you expected when we went against division leading, Stanley cup defending, Washington in their building last night starting a back-up goalie that we claimed off waivers less than a week ago.

On a brighter note, if Ottawa wins tonight we're in sole possession of last place. #loseforHughes

I mean it's not just last night, we've lost 8 straight and are 3-13-3 in our last 16.  This whole season has been a nightmare outside of Giroux and Hart (Hak going too I guess). 

Only positive from last night is that Simmonds scored.  What looked like a return of a 1st + prospect at the beginning of the season is not looking so great.  No doubt some team values him highly but his value has dropped this year.  

Edited by flyers0909

PICK TEAM GP RECORD PTS PPG ROW STREAK L10 TOP 3 #1 OVR

Philadelphia
45 16-23-6 38 0.844 14 Lost 1 1-7-2 49.4% 18.5%

Ottawa
  COL 

46 17-24-5 39 0.848 17 Lost 1 2-7-1 38.8% 13.5%

Los Angeles
46 18-25-3 39 0.848 17 Won 1 5-5-0 33.9% 11.5%

Detroit
47 17-23-7 41 0.872 15 Won 1 2-6-2 28.8% 9.5%

Chicago