::Philadelphia Flyers Thread:: Carter Hart <3

Hockey5djh

Hartman wasn't given a QO from Dallas. I wonder if we bring him back a little cheaper for the 3RW role pending a prospect taking the spot and bumping him down tot he 4th line? Pitlick could be fully buried in the minors and we probably have a better negotiating position now that two teams haven't given him a contract.

• 2 months later...

I finally watched the rookie game after the first preseason game. Farabee looks like he could be really good (yes I know its preseason and rookie games).

I recorded last night's game but I saw the final score and the Frost robbery, I am excited to see Farabee with G and Coots and Frost between JVR and Jake though as opposed to this Ratcliffe-Frost-Farabee line that we've seen so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda disappointed that Farabee and Myers were the last cuts but I get it, the rest of the guys aren't waiver eligible and ya gotta see what ya got with those guys before giving the kids the reigns. I have a feeling it won't be too far into the season until we see them with the big club.

On 9/22/2019 at 11:04 AM, mm6492 said:

Patrick being out with the injury stinks. keep waiting for him to take a big step... still waiting, 

I'm really wondering if this is a career ender. They said it wasn't because of previous head injuries/concussions and it's something he's been dealing with since he was a kid but its kinda strange that it's coming out now.

4 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Lines are...interesting.

Giroux - Hayes - Voracek
Lindblom - Couturier - TK
JVR - Laughton - Twarynski
Raffl - Bunnaman - Pitlick

Provorov - Braun
Sanheim - Niskanen
Hagg - Ghost

So disappointing that Robert Hagg is still in this lineup and Myers isn't here.  

Where are those lines from? Practice?

4 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Yeah, practice a couple days ago (after the last preseason game) and then from today. 

Interesting. I'm willing to bet G ends up back with Coots, the rest of it seems fine. Niskanen/Braun flip doesn't shock me because Niskanen hasn't been on the same page with Provy all preseason.

11 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Lines are...interesting.

Giroux - Hayes - Voracek
Lindblom - Couturier - TK
JVR - Laughton - Twarynski
Raffl - Bunnaman - Pitlick

Provorov - Braun
Sanheim - Niskanen
Hagg - Ghost

So disappointing that Robert Hagg is still in this lineup and Myers isn't here.  

I think Myers went down for cap purposes as he is 2-way and doesn't have to go through waivers. Hope he comes back soon and takes that spot. 

And think he chnaged these up a good bit since that preseason loss. 

11 hours ago, mm6492 said:

I think Myers went down for cap purposes as he is 2-way and doesn't have to go through waivers. Hope he comes back soon and takes that spot.

I think that's the story for both Farabee and Myers. Both are good enough for the big club but as the roster is constructed right now we only have 286k in cap space.

Edited by Hockey5djh