::Philadelphia Flyers Thread:: Carter Hart <3

Hockey5djh

On 10/21/2019 at 11:11 AM, flyers0909 said:

Hmmm, G back to center, not sure I like it.  He is much better from the wing, I have a feeling that line is going to get shelled tonight defensively.  We really need Patrick back. 

JVR-Giroux-Voracek
Lindblom-Couturier-TK
Laughton-Hayes-Farabee
Raffl-Vorobyev-Stewart

After the game, AV kinda called out that line. I think he is just trying to find anyway to jump start Voracek and JvR. But not sure if this is it as that line struggled defensively (as predicted)

11 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Farabee with his first career point and goal taken off the board by Hayes.  I've never seen someone so unlucky.  Good thing is that he looks really damn good tonight, so much confidence. 

Then our trash beat writers made Hayes the player of the game after ruining his night twice.

Shoulda been JvR for cracking the donut, G, for getting his first goal of the season which was also the game winner, or Elliott for bailing us out in the beginning of the third.

12 hours ago, mm6492 said:

Bad loss tonight. Morin looked like crap.

I want to give him a couple more games just because he's never really gotten a shot and we know what Hagg is, but Myers being stuck in the AHL while we saddle Ghost with terrible defensemen is killing me.  

11 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

I want to give him a couple more games just because he's never really gotten a shot and we know what Hagg is, but Myers being stuck in the AHL while we saddle Ghost with terrible defensemen is killing me.  

Agreed 100%. Feel for Morin, as he is in a bad spot. He could use 10 games in the AHL to get his feet under him, think they can send him for a "rehab" assignment for 15 days or something. He simply hasn't played hockey over the past year. 

need Myers up though. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2019 at 8:51 PM, flyers0909 said:

Phil Myers is legit.  Him paired with Sanheim is ridiculous, it's unfair that two people of that size can skate so well. 

Seems like just yesterday I was touting the #freesanheim hashtag, almost had to do the same thing for Myers but I let it breath with the new coaching staff and the very tight amount of cap space we have. Thank god it didn't take Fletcher as long as Hextall to put talent on the ice with the big club.

Edited by Hockey5djh

32 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Pretty much a terrible game but the Frost line was really good.  Frost led the team in xGF% and looked pretty damn good in all zones.  

Missed the game last night but caught the Frost highlight. Pretty goal.

I'm not surprised that the Frost line did well (with G and TK) I am surprised that Frost is on the top line though.

18 hours ago, Danger said:

Complete casual. Tell me about all of our young'uns.

Probably the biggest key to the future is in net with Carter Hart.  He's 21 and had one of the best junior hockey careers ever for a goalie.  Goalie's typically don't play in the NHL at this age but he's shown he's definitely good enough to play in the league.  One of his best assets is the mental side of things.  He's young so his career has been up and down so far, currently on a bad stretch of a few games.  He'll be fine, but this is Philadelphia so you never really know. 

Forwards
Oskar Lindblom - 23 years old this is his 2nd full season in the NHL.  He's played most of the year with Couturier which certainly helps but he's been a great possession player so far.  He's great along the boards and in front of the net and a really good defensive forward.  Definitely not a flashy player but has 16 points so far in 21 games so he's been really effective.  I absolutely love his game.

Travis Konecny - 22 years old and has had an amazing start to the season.  Almost at a point per game so far.  He's pretty fast, has a great shot, and is super annoying to play against.  He's feisty and talks a lot of **** on the ice but isn't dirty or anything.  Not too great defensively but when he was on a line with Couturier and Lindblom they could easily cover for him freeing him up on the offensive side.  As a newer fan he's definitely a guy to love.

Morgan Frost - 20 years old and just played his first NHL game where he was probably the best Flyer on the ice.  Scored an amazing goal and really didn't look out of place despite being a bit undersized and concerns about his defensive game.  He played on a line with Giroux and Konecny which helps but he didn't look a step behind at all.  He's highly skilled, has great vision and hockey sense and is a pretty good skater.  He's the prospect I'm most excited for.

Joel Farabee - 19 years old and after starting the season in the AHL he's played 15 games so far this year.  Incredibly smart hockey player and even if he doesn't develop offensively should be at least a solid 3rd liner due to that.  He's only 19 though so I fully expect him to become a top 6 player, he's shown flashes of what he can do offensively.

Nolan Patrick - Still only 21 years old but has had a rough career so far after being selected #2 overall a couple years ago.  He's had moments where you see why he was the #2 pick but injuries have really hurt him.  Currently out indefinitely with a migraine disorder. 

Defensemen
Ivan Provorov - Somehow only 23 and is a top pairing defenseman.  He does it all, he can step up in the O-zone and put up points, is incredibly sound defensively, top PKer and even though I don't think it's his strongsuit, has done decent enough running the PP this year.  He's a stud.

Travis Sanheim - This is his second full season at 23 years old and plays on the second pairing.  He's a great skater, tall, and can run a PP (but for some reason doesn't here).  He's pretty decent defensively but needs to get stronger as I think he's been a bit weak along the boards/in front of the net this season.  For how good a skater he is, he's had 3 or 4 just terrible mistakes where he's fallen down which led to a goal.  It seems like it was just a weird slump he went through as he looks more confident now.  

Philippe Myers - 23 years old and this is his first season in the NHL (played a handful last year).  He somehow went undrafted, made it to Flames camp on a tryout but they didn't keep him, and got a tryout with us.  One of the best things to happen to this franchise in the past few years.  He is 6'5" and is one of the best skaters for someone that size I've ever seen.  Him and Sanheim on a pairing is special to watch.  Still working through the growing pains of the NHL but he's going to be really damn good.  

Some other notable names in the minors/juniors/NCAA: German Rubtsov, Isaac Ratcliffe, Cam York, Bobby Brink, Yegor Zamula. 

There is a ton of young talent on this team, it's just going to take bit of time for it to all come together. Unfortunately our core is getting older so we really need it to click soon.

• Like 2