::Philadelphia Flyers Thread:: Carter Hart <3

Hockey5djh

On 11/21/2019 at 11:36 AM, flyers0909 said:

There is a ton of young talent on this team, it's just going to take bit of time for it to all come together. Unfortunately our core is getting older so we really need it to click soon

Side note, great work on this write-up. I didn't really feel the need to add to it at all.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

So the flyers are good?

All comes down to the defense. Scoring a lot recently but have actually been good offensively all season. Still letting in too much on the road. This 6 game run happens to be with 4 home games and outscoring in the two road games rather than defending well (though admittedly pretty good for most of the Rangers game). I'm not even putting it on the goalies, at least not totally, because you look at the chances teams are getting and they are much better on the road than they give up at home. 

Their home defense though is outstanding. I think like 2 goals a game or something. So with the offense they are maybe the best home team in the league. They've managed to stay around .500 on the road and that is good enough when you play as well at home as they do. At least for the regular season.

Also a great 3rd period front running team. 36-0-3 when tied or leading after 2. The inverse is also true though. They don't come back in the third 2-20-4. That is Tiger Woods in majors esque

We desperately need to get Hagg out of the lineup.  He's had ridiculous luck this year and it's starting to come back down to earth.  He seems like a great teammate (dropped the gloves last night with Wilson) but that Hagg-Braun pairing just does not work without a puck mover.  #FreeGhost

JVRs injury sucks, he's having a great year and he's been stapled to the 3rd/4th lines for most of the year.  I know a lot of people give him **** but look at his ES numbers and underlying stats, he's been great.  Happy to get Farabee back in the lineup but not like this. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mse326 said:

All comes down to the defense. Scoring a lot recently but have actually been good offensively all season. Still letting in too much on the road. This 6 game run happens to be with 4 home games and outscoring in the two road games rather than defending well (though admittedly pretty good for most of the Rangers game). I'm not even putting it on the goalies, at least not totally, because you look at the chances teams are getting and they are much better on the road than they give up at home. 

Yup, Corsi against is more or less even but we give up a bit more than 3 more high danger changes per 60 on the road than at home.  (6th at home/20th on the road).  Goaltending has obviously been an issue on the road (.886 vs .941!!! at home) but that seems to be getting better.

All in all though this team looks great.  The top 4 is scoring at ridiculous rates among Dman at ES.  Our depth is so much better than it has been in years past, I don't know if you guys follow Appleyard on Twitter but he posted something today that 7/17 of our F are scoring at 1st line levels, 11/17 at 2nd line.  I can't remember the last time we had a bottom 6 that was a threat to score every time they were out on the ice instead of just constantly being hemmed in their own zone (looking at you Chris VandeVelde).  

• 5 months later...