Jump to content
Hockey5djh

::Philadelphia Flyers Thread:: Carter Hart <3

Recommended Posts

Wasn't able to go to the rookie game but I've watched the last two preseason games on TV. Patrick is a player man, he really needs to make the team. Lindblom was playing the Schenn role on the PP1 last night so he seems like a lock. Sanheim is really impressing me as well.

I know its preseason but they're trotting out some interesting lines Raffl - Coots - TK started the game last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like G to left wing is legit with Coots as the 1C and Patrick as the 2C

Lehtera and Read look like the two in the press box to start the season.

Looks like the two rooks making the club are Morin and Sanheim.

Manning looks like D man number 6 with Hagg doing back to Lehigh.

Pending health Elliott and Neuvy look like a solid tandem.

Two more preseason games then the regular season starts next week!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope G to LW isn't a permanent thing (at least for this year), and if Hexy is really going off of what he preaches and that the 7 best defenseman will make the team, all three of the rookies belong on the big club this year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2017 at 10:13 PM, flyers0909 said:

I really hope G to LW isn't a permanent thing (at least for this year), and if Hexy is really going off of what he preaches and that the 7 best defenseman will make the team, all three of the rookies belong on the big club this year.  

I agree but that means they'll need to bury Amac or manning and I just don't see that happening.

Also, I'm keeping an open mind on G to wing. They're still giving him the faceoffs on his strong side and he's still showing the tendency to float back down the middle like a center but he does seem to be comfortable on the wing and so far this preseason has seemed to make more plays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5th line today in practice was Lindblom-Lehtera-Read so it looks like Lindblom will start the season in the AHL.

Giroux-Couturier-Voracek
Weal-Patrick-Simmonds
Weise-Filppula-Konecny
Leier-Laughton-Raffl

Meh, I don't like having Couturier on the 1st line, we lose out on that shutdown line.  I think the team is so much better with G, Patrick, Couturier down the middle and Lindblom in for Weise.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

This 4th line is fun as hell to watch.  

Get Dale, Andrew, and Brandon off the team and we'd be real fun to watch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mm6492 said:

Get Dale, Andrew, and Brandon off the team and we'd be real fun to watch. 

It's just mind boggling to me that an NHL head coach can watch Brandon Manning and keep him in the lineup.  He was by far the worst player on the ice that period. 

And why the hell is Dale Weise on the PK?  I feel so bad for TK that 3rd line is terrible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

I feel so bad for TK that 3rd line is terrible. 

This was my overwhelming thought that whole game. Also I know Hextall is preaching patience but watching AMac and Manning playing over Morin and Sanheim hurts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

This was my overwhelming thought that whole game. Also I know Hextall is preaching patience but watching AMac and Manning playing over Morin and Sanheim hurts.

As much as I do not like him, AMac at least occasionally makes competent plays on the backend. Manning is just an absolute disaster everywhere. For someone who has absolutely zero offensive skills he's always pinching and it never works out. He is also terrible at moving the puck from his own end under pressure. If he gets the puck out it's never to anybody and never generates offense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand AMac is stuck on the team because of his contract. Manning is not - put him in the press box. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, mm6492 said:

I understand AMac is stuck on the team because of his contract. Manning is not - put him in the press box. 

You'll get your wish tonight, Sanheim in for Manning.  Thank god. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

You'll get your wish tonight, Sanheim in for Manning.  Thank god. 

What does this mean for Morin? I believe he would need to pass waivers to get to the AHL (I could be wrong). Does he sit in the press box until injury?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mm6492 said:

What does this mean for Morin? I believe he would need to pass waivers to get to the AHL (I could be wrong). Does he sit in the press box until injury?

I'm assuming this means that Sanheim beat him out and that the plan was for Morin to go to the AHL before Ghost got "hurt".  He doesn't need to pass through waivers (I'm almost positive) and he'll probably be sent down tomorrow or when they get back from this west coast trip.  Hexy has said he doesn't want to keep 8 D on the roster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×