::Philadelphia Flyers Thread:: Carter Hart <3

Hockey5djh

Just now, flyers0909 said:

I'm assuming this means that Sanheim beat him out and that the plan was for Morin to go to the AHL before Ghost got "hurt".  He doesn't need to pass through waivers (I'm almost positive) and he'll probably be sent down tomorrow or when they get back from this west coast trip.  Hexy has said he doesn't want to keep 8 D on the roster. 

Makes sense, I guess I saw bad info earlier on twitter. Excited to see Sanheim - would rather him make rookie mistakes than Manning just stink. 

Now the waiting game for who winds up in Haks doghouse this year. Hopefully TK gets some better linemates or it'll be him again. 

13 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

The one thing that overwhelms me is how fast the team looks this season. They're flying all over the place. That said we didn't add any overly fast guys, the only offensive changes this season are Patrick for Schenn and the whole 4th line redo.

Defense is moving the puck better, a healthy Giroux with less pressure on the wing has been great, and the young guys (Konecky, Patrick) bring some youth to the front.

Still a few old guys who stick out. Lehtera looked HORRIBLE tonight. Slow as dog poop. 

10 hours ago, mm6492 said:

Still a few old guys who stick out. Lehtera looked HORRIBLE tonight. Slow as dog poop. 

I only caught the first period but Sanheim was our best defenseman that period. Lehtera was slow but I guess thats to be expected since its his first game of the season.

Weise doesn't fit on this team but I don't know if they'll put him in the press box, i'd rather see Read out there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

I only caught the first period but Sanheim was our best defenseman that period. Lehtera was slow but I guess thats to be expected since its his first game of the season.

Weise doesn't fit on this team but I don't know if they'll put him in the press box, i'd rather see Read out there.

Sanheim was great last night and so was Hagg.  

35 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

I really hope I'm wrong but it looks like this MacDonald injury just means we'll see a month and a half of Manning instead of an opportunity for Morin. 

I really hope so too....a manning-Sanheim combo won't go too well for too long It it were long term you would think Sanheim would be paired with Provy as he can play both the PK and PP2

The initial plan is provy-Hagg, Gudas-Ghost, Manning-Sanheim. That third pair is scary even though Sanheim has played well I don't think he can carry Manning yet.

51 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I really hope so too....a manning-Sanheim combo won't go too well for too long It it were long term you would think Sanheim would be paired with Provy as he can play both the PK and PP2

The initial plan is provy-Hagg, Gudas-Ghost, Manning-Sanheim. That third pair is scary even though Sanheim has played well I don't think he can carry Manning yet.

On one hand I'm excited to see Hagg play tough minutes (and a lot of them) and to see what Provy can do with someone who isn't Andrew MacDonald.  On the other hand it sucks that Sanheim has really started to look good and now he's getting paired with Brandon Manning.  Him being with Gudas allowed him to be a bit more aggressive and you've seen him get plenty of chances the past few games.  Manning takes way too many risks for the type of player he is and I feel like it's going to really limit Sanheim's game.  

• 4 weeks later...