Jump to content
Hockey5djh

::Philadelphia Flyers Thread:: Carter Hart <3

Recommended Posts

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 8:52 PM, flyers0909 said:

Somehow Hakstol has made a team this young terribly boring to watch.  I want to be excited about the team but it's impossible knowing Hakstol is the coach. 

I've neglected this thread a bit.....Hak needs to go. He was brought in and toughted as a great system coach and someone who can relate to the VERY young team we were planning to ice every night. I think the only thing he's gotten right this year is to keep the top line together. The final straw for me was last night when he chose to blatantly take apart the Honey Bees line to shove Lehtera and Weise down our throats again. Once we get rid of Hak if we bring up Lindblom and somehow add another competent 2/3 C that can dish that would ideal (Vorobyev?). If we're gonna suck we might as well see the kids and not have a "holding pattern" season where nothing happens but another "year of development" in the minors.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time for Hak to go. This team may not be great, but should not be this bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coots, Voracek and G all deserve to be in the ASG. They've been carrying this team all season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2018 at 8:38 AM, BLick12 said:

Coots, Voracek and G all deserve to be in the ASG. They've been carrying this team all season.

Agreed - they have been great. Nice to see Giroux shut the haters up. Couts has taken alot of pressure off him defensively and allowed him to match up better while on the ice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mm6492 said:

Nice to see Giroux shut the haters up.

The haters will always find something.....I'm not going to lie I was slightly worried that he was hitting that downslope. Something like 4 straight seasons of declining production was concerning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to the game on Sunday and say right behind the penalty box for the Flyers.....super cool view/experience if you ever get the chance. You have about 5 feet of open area (the box) between you and the surface but you have clean views to everywhere but the close corners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

The haters will always find something.....I'm not going to lie I was slightly worried that he was hitting that downslope. Something like 4 straight seasons of declining production was concerning.

I get the concern with his lack of point production, but to me, he has always passed the eye test.  And the amount of crap he's gotten from fans here is a joke.  He has easily the best hockey IQ of any forward we've ever seen in a Flyers jersey. I'm not going to say that there wont be a point in his career that his physical traits finally fall off, but he's never depended on those exclusively to be a dominant player. His hands, vision, IQ and effort are all a part of what makes him a tremendous player and those mostly aren't physical characteristics.  Him moving over to the wing this year embodies what a captain should be and he's a guy that I've always felt has put the team above all.  I'm so happy to see him bounce back.  G is likely my favorite Flyer of all time and I would love nothing more than to see him be on a cup caliber team and ride out his days in Philly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I completely agree with you, he never looked like less of a player but the eye test doesn't put points on the board.

Also for the record I'm still on the fire Hak train even though they've been playing well. Constantly pushing Weise, Lehtera, and Manning instead of Leier and Sanheim is just blatantly crap. I wouldn't mind Patrick being sat down for a couple games (READ: NOT MORE THAN 2) as he's been disappointing as hell this season but i'll add him to the pile of guys that Hak isn't developing well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last year G was just so obviously hindered by his injury.  His skating was downright terrible which was killing his 5v5 production.  He's finally healthy and has his skating back and he's just so much better. 

I know it's not the same injury but it's why I'm not getting too worried over Patrick.  It really seems like his injuries from last year are limiting his skating.  Now that he's playing with real linemates his metrics look a lot better but I still think we can expect more out of him once he's fully healthy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

I completely agree with you, he never looked like less of a player but the eye test doesn't put points on the board.

Also for the record I'm still on the fire Hak train even though they've been playing well. Constantly pushing Weise, Lehtera, and Manning instead of Leier and Sanheim is just blatantly crap. I wouldn't mind Patrick being sat down for a couple games (READ: NOT MORE THAN 2) as he's been disappointing as hell this season but i'll add him to the pile of guys that Hak isn't developing well.

Right, but IIRC the Flyers also had some historic lows in shooting % last year.  Some of that might have to do with Hak and his system, but I think we're finding that even out this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

Right, but IIRC the Flyers also had some historic lows in shooting % last year.  Some of that might have to do with Hak and his system, but I think we're finding that even out this year.

I'm assuming this is in defense of Nolan Patrick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

I know it's not the same injury but it's why I'm not getting too worried over Patrick.  It really seems like his injuries from last year are limiting his skating.  Now that he's playing with real linemates his metrics look a lot better but I still think we can expect more out of him once he's fully healthy. 

I'm far from labeling him a bust but he's sandwiched by Manning (ahead) and Weise (below) him on the Flyers scoring this season with 8 points in 30+ games. That's concerning IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

I'm assuming this is in defense of Nolan Patrick?

That was in regard to G last season. He had a career low 7% shoot percentage, but the team as a whole had a super low one.

Regarding Patrick, I'm not too worried about him. I think the fact he's even getting ice time with Hak and Hextall says a lot about him.  They practically never play rookies and just look at how long it took them to identify the player Coots could be with some real wingers. It's definitely frustrating, but not all that surprising with this management group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×