::Philadelphia Flyers Thread:: Carter Hart <3

Hockey5djh

Wasn't able to go to the rookie game but I've watched the last two preseason games on TV. Patrick is a player man, he really needs to make the team. Lindblom was playing the Schenn role on the PP1 last night so he seems like a lock. Sanheim is really impressing me as well.

I know its preseason but they're trotting out some interesting lines Raffl - Coots - TK started the game last night.

Looks like G to left wing is legit with Coots as the 1C and Patrick as the 2C

Lehtera and Read look like the two in the press box to start the season.

Looks like the two rooks making the club are Morin and Sanheim.

Manning looks like D man number 6 with Hagg doing back to Lehigh.

Pending health Elliott and Neuvy look like a solid tandem.

Two more preseason games then the regular season starts next week!

On 9/27/2017 at 10:13 PM, flyers0909 said:

I really hope G to LW isn't a permanent thing (at least for this year), and if Hexy is really going off of what he preaches and that the 7 best defenseman will make the team, all three of the rookies belong on the big club this year.  

I agree but that means they'll need to bury Amac or manning and I just don't see that happening.

Also, I'm keeping an open mind on G to wing. They're still giving him the faceoffs on his strong side and he's still showing the tendency to float back down the middle like a center but he does seem to be comfortable on the wing and so far this preseason has seemed to make more plays.

5th line today in practice was Lindblom-Lehtera-Read so it looks like Lindblom will start the season in the AHL.

Giroux-Couturier-Voracek
Weal-Patrick-Simmonds
Weise-Filppula-Konecny
Leier-Laughton-Raffl

Meh, I don't like having Couturier on the 1st line, we lose out on that shutdown line.  I think the team is so much better with G, Patrick, Couturier down the middle and Lindblom in for Weise.  

2 minutes ago, mm6492 said:

Get Dale, Andrew, and Brandon off the team and we'd be real fun to watch. 

It's just mind boggling to me that an NHL head coach can watch Brandon Manning and keep him in the lineup.  He was by far the worst player on the ice that period. 

And why the hell is Dale Weise on the PK?  I feel so bad for TK that 3rd line is terrible. 

6 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

This was my overwhelming thought that whole game. Also I know Hextall is preaching patience but watching AMac and Manning playing over Morin and Sanheim hurts.

As much as I do not like him, AMac at least occasionally makes competent plays on the backend. Manning is just an absolute disaster everywhere. For someone who has absolutely zero offensive skills he's always pinching and it never works out. He is also terrible at moving the puck from his own end under pressure. If he gets the puck out it's never to anybody and never generates offense. 

35 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

You'll get your wish tonight, Sanheim in for Manning.  Thank god. 

What does this mean for Morin? I believe he would need to pass waivers to get to the AHL (I could be wrong). Does he sit in the press box until injury?

1 minute ago, mm6492 said:

What does this mean for Morin? I believe he would need to pass waivers to get to the AHL (I could be wrong). Does he sit in the press box until injury?

I'm assuming this means that Sanheim beat him out and that the plan was for Morin to go to the AHL before Ghost got "hurt".  He doesn't need to pass through waivers (I'm almost positive) and he'll probably be sent down tomorrow or when they get back from this west coast trip.  Hexy has said he doesn't want to keep 8 D on the roster.