Week 16 GDT: Saints(11-3) @ Titans(8-6)

ttitansfan4life

6 hours ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

I love Michael Thomas but I really wish commentator would shut the hell up about his Twitter handle 

#CantGuardMike (in case you were wondering 😁😂)

Good game Titans. Looked like the Saints forgot to get off the bus for a hot minute to start. Glad they woke up though. Good luck next week. 

Edited by SWATcha
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Vrabel once agin played a hand in us losing this game, his conservative play calling when we had a lead, & him & pees called some dumb plays. 3rd & 13 no way & im bailing Brees out sending a corner blitz leaving Michael Thomas 1 on 1 with Byard. He also put jayon on Michael Thomas one play 🤦🏽‍♂️
again I love Logan Ryan he’s a dawg but please someone explain how do you feel comfortable paying a guy 10-12 million dollars a year & he's only a slot cover corner. I mean out of his 3yr tenure this by far been his best season but my opinion him & Butler are overpaid 

You mention "only a spot corner" like it's a bad thing. He's been a playmaker all year... A "dawg" like you call him... Probably the best player on our entire defense, not just the secondary. 

He's played the most snaps out of anyone on our defense. 

His strength is in the slot position where he's not only able to match the quick twitch guys underneath, he's Abel to get physical with TEs... But he's also able to rush the passer and cause general havoc.

We signed him knowing he was an inside guy... Gave him 10M 3 years ago... And I think that contracts been a bargain... Have no problem giving him a bit more for another 3 years of the same. 

I've also made my opinion known re Butler. The pass D has been the worst in the NFL, statistically, since he went down. With another "cheap" year left on Adorees rookie contract, no doubt I bring Butler back for another season. 

4 hours ago, titans0021 said:

The Raymond hit was incredible. But none of it matters. Jets. Thank you.

I was yelling at the the TV... I'm actually surprised the board didn't go ape on that call. Looked blatant to me... Not dirty... But intent doesn't matter... It was a hit to the head of a defenseless receiver. The fumble and concussion were a direct result of that hit. Couldn't  be more obvious... I was beyond pissed. 

12 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

So I didn't watch the game but I did see Derick Roberson had two pretty impressive sacks.

Now I'm wondering if he has potential as a rotational edge rusher of the future or if he's just another flash in the pan like Finch was.

He had a few more plays than that. He was really good out there... Noticeable at least. He was there alongside Casey on Casey's sack... A couple other times in the backfield. Hopefully he continues his play next week. I never bought into the Finch hype last year... But i'm buying into this Roberson kid a little right now. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

You mention "only a spot corner" like it's a bad thing. He's been a playmaker all year... A "dawg" like you call him... Probably the best player on our entire defense, not just the secondary. 

He's played the most snaps out of anyone on our defense. 

His strength is in the slot position where he's not only able to match the quick twitch guys underneath, he's Abel to get physical with TEs... But he's also able to rush the passer and cause general havoc.

We signed him knowing he was an inside guy... Gave him 10M 3 years ago... And I think that contracts been a bargain... Have no problem giving him a bit more for another 3 years of the same. 

I've also made my opinion known re Butler. The pass D has been the worst in the NFL, statistically, since he went down. With another "cheap" year left on Adorees rookie contract, no doubt I bring Butler back for another season. 

I was yelling at the the TV... I'm actually surprised the board didn't go ape on that call. Looked blatant to me... Not dirty... But intent doesn't matter... It was a hit to the head of a defenseless receiver. The fumble and concussion were a direct result of that hit. Couldn't  be more obvious... I was beyond pissed. 

I'm pretty much the same on the secondary. as a unit when they all play we're damn good. But With Butler and Jackson out I think we put way to much on Ryan and its just not possible to continue the high level he had with 2/3 of the secondary not playing. Also taking away or at least lowering his chances to blitz because he has to cover. None of our corners are superstars we can put on an island against someone but when they are all healthy they play very well as a unit. Give this team a little more from the pass rush.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

He had a few more plays than that. He was really good out there... Noticeable at least. He was there alongside Casey on Casey's sack... A couple other times in the backfield. Hopefully he continues his play next week. I never bought into the Finch hype last year... But i'm buying into this Roberson kid a little right now. 

It would've been nice if we gave him more PT sooner, but he'll have at least another week to put up some nice film himself.

Certainly could be a late bloomer type.

13 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

I'm pretty much the same on the secondary. as a unit when they all play we're damn good. But With Butler and Jackson out I think we put way to much on Ryan and its just not possible to continue the high level he had with 2/3 of the secondary not playing. Also taking away or at least lowering his chances to blitz because he has to cover. None of our corners are superstars we can put on an island against someone but when they are all healthy they play very well as a unit. Give this team a little more from the pass rush.

I agree with everything but it’s just hard for me to see in paying a slot corner 10-12 mill a year. He’s solid though 

Logan Ryan is more like a CB/S hybrid in the role he plays on this team when the other guys are healthy. With the injuries we have he's playing out of position at times.

Kinda like what Jalen Ramsey played before his senior year at FSU or what (I think) Minkah Fitzpatrick plays now, but I don't really watch a lot of the Steelers. I think that was his role in Miami.

I think it's a valuable position and it's a lot more than just your #3 CB. He enables us to never have to really go bigger than our nickel personnel and he can play in the box. Despite the fact that he's not really fast for a CB, he's faster than just about every LBer, so that keeps speed on our defense.

I'm not sure if Amani Hooker was drafted to replace Ryan or Vaccaro, but I think there's a chance he is eventually given a starting job.

I think you bring Ryanback because of how good he is, but he'll be 29 when next season starts, so how long into his 30s are you willing to pay him?

As good as he and Derrick Henry have been, I think Tannehill and Conklin are the locks to be back next year as they have positional value (and age in Conklin's case) on their side. I really want Henry as a Titan, but paying any RB over 10mil a year isn't usually ideal.

You’d have to think that they would have IR’d Adoree and Humphries if they weren’t going to atleast be healthy for week 17 right?

Also, I know I mentioned it before but if Davis and Raymond are out with concussions and if Humphries still can’t go that leaves us with a trio of Brown, Sharpe, and Hollister at WR which is frightening.

11 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

You’d have to think that they would have IR’d Adoree and Humphries if they weren’t going to atleast be healthy for week 17 right?

Also, I know I mentioned it before but if Davis and Raymond are out with concussions and if Humphries still can’t go that leaves us with a trio of Brown, Sharpe, and Hollister at WR which is frightening.

Would be surprised if Humphries couldn't go. Tajae has been surprisingly pretty good when he's been needed to step in, so I don't think it will be too bad. Biggest thing is if we get Adoree back at 100%, we need him badly.

2 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

I agree with everything but it’s just hard for me to see in paying a slot corner 10-12 mill a year. He’s solid though 

You have to get past the "nickel" designation. He's a playmaker that's out there just about every snap. 99.59% of snaps to be accurate... Same as Byard, and no one else is even close to them. 

He's able to play everywhere on the back 5...and gives the team so much versatility. Leads the team in tackles (total and solo) , interceptions (tied) , pd's (double the next closest), forced fumbles, and is half a sack from 2nd highest... 

He's also a team leader... He's exactly the type of player you keep on the team. He got 3/30M last time... Think we can get him 3/36M, which is great value for what he means to this team /defense. 

• Like 1