Saints sign Safety DJ Swearinger

tyler735

3 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

You didn’t mention the Texans because doing so would contradict your “these bad teams can’t identify talent” argument. That’s a bad argument to make. 

3 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Yeah, I really don't understand the confusion. 

At least someone gets it. 

Or, perhaps everyone gets it and some are just choosing to be obtuse.

On 12/22/2019 at 12:09 PM, Mid Iowa said:

5 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Yup, and I didn't mention the Texans, you did.

You omitted the Texans - the one team that rendered your claim of "bad teams can't scout" as incorrect, and you're heavily backtracking instead of acknowledging it. That's literally the entire premise of this direction.

Do you need someone to draw it out for you? Are you intentionally trying to be obtuse or are you sincerely not getting what you did? I don't know which is worse.

I'm digging your little jabs here, though (little man, simple person etc...). Pretty sad when you have to resort to name calling because your crystal ball talk is a "maybe" at this point. I'd get pissy too, if I couldn't form a better argument than speculation.

It's a fatal flaw of mine - I can't really tolerate this level of ignorance. Be smarter, I'll be nicer. Or, just own up to not including the Texans, continue your stance on "low risk, high reward signing" and I'll walk away.

And, my argument isn't a "maybe" it's a "hard no". I'm certain that Swearinger isn't good at football, and I have about seven years' worth of football to validate my statement, two of those years with a relatively stable franchise that cut him two years into his rookie contract. He'll maybe have a game where he looks competent, then about six games where he's getting served up by some #2 TE.

Your premise is essentially "oh, those seven years don't count because he was never with the Saints" which is about as asinine as I've ever heard before. Don't pretend your franchise is SO transformative that you can eliminate significant flaws in a guy who has been a malcontent at every single stop he's been at so far and was never interested in correcting his flaws. 

His flaws are more than attitude related, he's poor in coverage, he's too small to cover TEs and too slow to keep up with WRs in various zone coverages. But if that "Saints" magic can make someone faster and bigger... then it's probably voodoo, and it'll probably be another expensive fine from Goodell. 

At no point did I say this is a fix for our defense

No, instead you inferred that the Saints are the smart one in the room because they picked him up and should be able to do more because... Saints:

On 12/20/2019 at 2:58 PM, Mid Iowa said:

I'm laughing a bit here. The teams that are calling him garbage are the 6-8 Raiders, the 4-9 Cardinals, and the 3-11 Redskins... so I'm not sure these teams are capable of knowing talent if they stepped in it. When you have defenses that are ranked 22nd, 32nd, and 21st, respectfully, I'm not sure I buy it when they call out 1 person. Maybe, just maybe that 1 person was vocal about the whole team being a crap show.

Time will tell, but I'm all about kicking tires on a ride like this. Better than sitting back & doing squat like the aforementioned teams.

Then you doubled down:

On 12/22/2019 at 12:09 PM, Mid Iowa said:

Perhaps he gets a bad attitude when he's on a losing team, I don't know.

So, here's how this ends if you'd like:

1. Own up to trying to play a "well, we're the Saints so it's going to work for us because... Saints" card.

2. Admit the omission of the Texans blows up your argument.

3. Admit that it's a low risk signing with some upside, and ultimately the desired end result is he never plays a snap.

4. I give you a football and leave this thread.

Good? Good.

Rvrm.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

At least someone gets it. 

Or, perhaps everyone gets it and some are just choosing to be obtuse.

Even if you excluded the Texans, it doesn’t really hold up. We’re just going to assume that offensive players coming from bad offenses/defensive players coming from bad defenses are unknowns or decent because of where they were? And supposedly adding someone with a bad attitude is actually a positive? 

Shrug, maybe Swearinger turns it around, I don’t know. Anything can happen. That doesn’t make it anything crazy at this moment though. 

But if he turns it around, I’m sure we’ll hear about it in the inevitable “is DJ Swearinger the best S in the league?” thread.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ET80 said:
7 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

BTW @ET80, you're getting pretty punchy for a guy who is trying to support a team who wasn't even mentioned in this thread.

Snowflake much?

6 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Yup, and I didn't mention the Texans, you did.

well this is pretty damning...

16 hours ago, ET80 said:

It's a fatal flaw of mine - I can't really tolerate this level of ignorance. Be smarter, I'll be nicer. Or, just own up to not including the Texans, continue your stance on "low risk, high reward signing" and I'll walk away.

Your premise is essentially "oh, those seven years don't count because he was never with the Saints" which is about as asinine as I've ever heard before.

Well here's my flaw. I have no tolerance for a presumptuous f**k like you who doesn't seem to grasps a simple concept.

Keep your football, Nancy.

3 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

Well here's my flaw. I have no tolerance for a presumptuous f**k like you who doesn't seem to grasps a simple concept.

So simple that nobody gets it and everyone is calling you to the carpet for it. It's got to be embarrassing to get called on this - I wouldn't know, most of my takes are good.

But, that's fine. You do you - I'll enjoy it when Swearinger blows an assignment for the Saints in a critical moment.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So simple that nobody gets it and everyone is calling you to the carpet for it. It's got to be embarrassing to get called on this - I wouldn't know, most of my takes are good.

But, that's fine. You do you - I'll enjoy it when Swearinger blows an assignment for the Saints in a critical moment.

I think you're just upset because your mom slept with Bigfoot and you can't handle it.

Just now, Mid Iowa said:

Uh-oh, somebody's upset because he just found out dad also slept with Bigfoot.

That may be so, but excluding the Texans from teams that didn’t keep Swearinger ruins the narrative that he’s just been a victim of being on bad defenses or simply has a bad attitude playing for bad teams.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

Trash

I think you're just upset because your mom slept with Bigfoot and you can't handle it.

Trash

Uh-oh, somebody's upset because he just found out dad also slept with Bigfoot.

Trash

33 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

My heart is broken. Perhaps if you would have ignored the first statement, you would have saved yourself a lot of hot air.

Adios, keyboard warrior.

Merry Christmas!

Trash

I’m embarrassed to like the same team as you.

but Merry Christmas!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dome said:

Trash

Trash

Trash

Trash

I’m embarrassed to like the same team as you.

but Merry Christmas!

@Dome you're garbage too.  Another typical poster whose opinion means everything, yet anyone else's means nothing. You Francis folks need to lighten up a little bit & have some fun already. Or go ahead and be offended by everything and live a miserable life, doesn't matter to me.

I don't know you, never will know you, don't care to know you. You've been a pompous *** since day one of me coming to these boards, strutting your crap like you think you own the place. Well champ, you don't.

• Like 1