Prior to being down 21-3

WindyCity

Mitch Trubisky: 13/18 for 126 yards, 3 rushes 21 yards, 1 sack

OL: 15 carries 31 yards 2 YPC and 2 sacks, 1 penalty negating an 8 yard catch

Mitch averaged 7 YPA and the OL averaged 2 YPC

Against the 25th ranked rush defense that played 0 snaps not in nickel and played 71% of the game in dime. That is simply pathetic OL play.

• Like 1

The attack was balanced, but we just could not get anything going in the run game. I think we would have won the game if we were able to establish a run game early on. If you think about all the games we've won, we always started with strong OL effort (both run and pass blocking). 

12 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

The attack was balanced, but we just could not get anything going in the run game. I think we would have won the game if we were able to establish a run game early on. If you think about all the games we've won, we always started with strong OL effort (both run and pass blocking). 

I don't know how you can call 53 pass attempts to 27 rush attempts a "balanced attack".

That seems very one sided to me, and not on the right side.

5 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I don't know how you can call 53 pass attempts to 27 rush attempts a "balanced attack".

That seems very one sided to me, and not on the right side.

If you look at the timing - the ratio shifted to passing once we were down 21-3. Most coaches are not going to commit to staying with the run with a blow out and how ineffective it was. When it was a close game going into the third it was pretty balanced. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

If you look at the timing - the ratio shifted to passing once we were down 21-3. Most coaches are not going to commit to staying with the run with a blow out and how ineffective it was. When it was a close game going into the third it was pretty balanced. 

I get that but it was still slightly more pass balanced prior to then. And there was still 23 mins or so left in the game at that point. 

The good coaches in this league do not panic in these situations they remain balanced and unpredictable. Nagy clearly didn't adjust to the way the Packers defense was playing last week and that's my biggest gripe.

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

I get that but it was still slightly more pass balanced prior to then. And there was still 23 mins or so left in the game at that point. 

The good coaches in this league do not panic in these situations they remain balanced and unpredictable. Nagy clearly didn't adjust to the way the Packers defense was playing last week and that's my biggest gripe.

Aren't most teams slightly more pass than run though? It's not like 19 dropbacks vs 15 runs is super egregious.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

You can't post that here as the Packers game was further proof Trubisky sucks...

Watching the video, it made it pretty clear that you could probably take five fat guys off the street and get equal production on the OL to what we are currently getting.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Aren't most teams slightly more pass than run though? It's not like 19 dropbacks vs 15 runs is super egregious.

I'd reckon teams like the Bills, Ravens and Vikings are more run based than pass based...and guess what? They are all going to make the playoffs because they play solid defense and don't put a whole lot of stress on their QBs to throw the ball a ton.

15 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

It was 22-15 which I do not have an issue with at all. That is a fine breakdown between run pass.

The problem is not volume. It is that they get a horrible return on run plays because the OL is poor.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WindyCity said:

It was 22-15 which I do not have an issue with at all. That is a fine breakdown between run pass.

The problem is not volume. It is that they get a horrible return on run plays because the OL is poor.

What has happened to Leno is pretty astounding. I mean, I never thought the guy was going to be a perennial Pro Bowler, or anything, but damn--before this year he was serviceable. What the hell happened to that dude? 

9 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

What has happened to Leno is pretty astounding. I mean, I never thought the guy was going to be a perennial Pro Bowler, or anything, but damn--before this year he was serviceable. What the hell happened to that dude? 

As the old saying goes in the NFL- when you lose it, you lose it.

It typically doesn't happen until you're 30, but Leno may be there already.

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1