Black Monday - HC / Front Office Changes (0 HC Openings)

Texas_OutLaw7

Marvin Lewis:  0-7 playoff record.  .518 winning percentage in regular season. Good DC.  Record as HC speaks for itself.  Washington can have him.

Personally Im moving away from the boy wonder college coach.  I would be more comfortable with an assistant whose been earning their stripes and paying their dues.  As mentioned previously I like Campbell and Roman.  

There are no guarantees with anybody.

32 minutes ago, Northland said:

Marvin Lewis:  0-7 playoff record.  .518 winning percentage in regular season. Good DC.  Record as HC speaks for itself.  Washington can have him.

Personally Im moving away from the boy wonder college coach.  I would be more comfortable with an assistant whose been earning their stripes and paying their dues.  As mentioned previously I like Campbell and Roman.  

There are no guarantees with anybody.

Chip Kelly: 0-1 play off record, .444 win %

Nick Saban: 0-0 playoff record, .469 win %

Bobby Petrino: 0-0 playoff record, .231 win %

Gregg Schiano: 0-0 playoff record, .344 win %

Steve Spurrier: 0-0 playoff record, .375 win %

Lane Kiffen: 0-0 playoff record, .250 win %

Everyone on this forum: Lets get a college coach! Marvin Lewis is laughable bad!

Marvin Lewis isnt a bad coach, he is an uninspiring one. 

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Chip Kelly: 0-1 play off record, .444 win %

Nick Saban: 0-0 playoff record, .469 win %

Bobby Petrino: 0-0 playoff record, .231 win %

Gregg Schiano: 0-0 playoff record, .344 win %

Steve Spurrier: 0-0 playoff record, .375 win %

Lane Kiffen: 0-0 playoff record, .250 win %

Everyone on this forum: Lets get a college coach! Marvin Lewis is laughable bad!

Marvin Lewis isnt a bad coach, he is an uninspiring one. 

I believe I said Im moving away from the boy wonder collège coach.  I dont disagree with your position re the college coach.

6 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I agree with Tony. There are much worse options. You guys act like whatever college coach you want isnt going to be the next Chip Kelly, Nick Saban or Petrino. 

I never said who I wanted as our next coach. All I ever did was list names of people whom I thought were options to get the job.

Just now, plan9misfit said:

I never said who I wanted as our next coach. All I ever did was list names of people whom I thought were options to get the job.

So why dont you put it on record?

Im just saying in the coaching thread most people (me included) are excited by some of the young college guys.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

So why dont you put it on record?

Im just saying in the coaching thread most people (me included) are excited by some of the young college guys.

I’m not excited by the young college guys. Lincoln Riley does nothing for me. I see a guy who ignores defense and thus leaves his team completely exposed. Why would we want that?

Matt Rhule does nothing for me for the same reason as Riley.

If we were to dip into the college ranks, the only guy I’d have interest in is Urban Meyer because he focuses on defense even though he’s an offensive coach.

Mike McCarthy and Ron Rivera interest me. If we land Rivera, it would all but guarantee that Norv Turner comes with him as OC, which is a good thing. With McCarthy, we get an offense which is QB friendly, but run the risk of ignoring defense, so we’d need to do a lot of due diligence on a DC.

12 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I’m not excited by the young college guys. Lincoln Riley does nothing for me. I see a guy who ignores defense and thus leaves his team completely exposed. Why would we want that?

Matt Rhule does nothing for me for the same reason as Riley.

If we were to dip into the college ranks, the only guy I’d have interest in is Urban Meyer because he focuses on defense even though he’s an offensive coach.

Mike McCarthy and Ron Rivera interest me. If we land Rivera, it would all but guarantee that Norv Turner comes with him as OC, which is a good thing. With McCarthy, we get an offense which is QB friendly, but run the risk of ignoring defense, so we’d need to do a lot of due diligence on a DC.

So you want the Garrett of the North and the Garrett of the South? Both team wanted their coaches gone because they were just a bit above mediocre?

Yes, I know both coaches had one good playoff run. 

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

So you want the Garrett of the North and the Garrett of the South? Both team wanted their coaches gone because they were just a bit above mediocre?

Yes, I know both coaches had one good playoff run. 

I said “interest”, not want. Interest means I’d take the time to look into them. 

And, the Packers didn’t want McCarthy gone for being mediocre. Aaron Rodgers wanted him gone because he’s a whiny primadona and didn’t like him.

Edited by plan9misfit
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I said “interest”, not want. Interest means I’d take the time to look into them. 

And, the Packers didn’t want McCarthy gone for being mediocre. Aaron Rodgers wanted him gone because he’s a whiny primadona and didn’t like him.

Packers fans were blaming him for years for being a 10 win, divisional round team with the GOAT talent at QB. 

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Packers fans were blaming him for years for being a 10 win, divisional round team with the GOAT talent at QB. 

They also had a GM who, along with McCarthy, refused to pay attention to defense other than DBs. So, like I said, defense becomes at risk with him.