Mariota

66PinG

If nothing else, this Packers team has shown that it does not require great QB play to win.  I am really curious to see whether the team makes a move in the off season to bring in a QB2 who can legitimately be groomed as a possible starter in a few years.  This is the first season where I've thought the clock is officially ticking on Rodgers.  After this season, I think he has three more tries to get that 2nd ring in GB.

I honestly did not realize he is set to be a fa. I also don't advocate rolling up the Brinks truck for him.

As much as I like Boyle, I just think that someone like Mariota could potentially be used more effectively in MLF's offense as a back-up.

I was starting to worry about this possibility, but it was more of a "Rodgers inexplicably retires and we pay a Kings Ransom for Mariota" deal.

I didn't think anyone else was on that particular wavelength. That said, if Rodgers hangs em' up, we'll finally experience what it's like to be in a dark tunnel without a light in the distance... in regards to having 'reliable' QB play.

On 12/20/2019 at 9:56 PM, Scoremore said:

He's in line for some serious cash.  Let's hope Chicago doesn't sign him.  No to Mariota although still interested in picking up Rosen on the cheap.  

I'm down for giving Rosen a look too. I think Tannehill is going to stay in Tennessee. I see them giving him a decent extension. 

57 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I'm down for giving Rosen a look too. I think Tannehill is going to stay in Tennessee. I see them giving him a decent extension. 

19 minutes ago, Leader said:

He's earned one.

The quandary of the middle of the road teams. He's good enough to get them close to the playoffs, maybe they even sneak in a few years. He's not good enough to get them to the dance unless they are flat out dominant everywhere else. You pay him a lot, likely not enough money or luck to be dominant everywhere else. 

19 minutes ago, Golfman said:

The quandary of the middle of the road teams. He's good enough to get them close to the playoffs, maybe they even sneak in a few years. He's not good enough to get them to the dance unless they are flat out dominant everywhere else. You pay him a lot, likely not enough money or luck to be dominant everywhere else.

I dont know what he's worth - but he's played well for them and the team has succeeded with him at QB. How far can they go? Only as good as the overall team will allow.