Mariota

66PinG

I could have seen it happening before he threw LaFluer under the bus for "putting him in a box".  That's before he proceeded to run the worst offense in the league and franchise history under the new OC

I like Mariota alright.  You will be extremely disappointed if you think they he'll be an upgrade at the position, but lafluer was able to manufacture offense with a similar personnel grouping.

As a fan of both teams , I have to say that I really wish that I could have seen LaFluer's offense with Tannehill.  Forget what happened in Miami, he's awesome.

2 hours ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

I could have seen it happening before he threw LaFluer under the bus for "putting him in a box".  That's before he proceeded to run the worst offense in the league and franchise history under the new OC

I like Mariota alright.  You will be extremely disappointed if you think they he'll be an upgrade at the position, but lafluer was able to manufacture offense with a similar personnel grouping.

As a fan of both teams , I have to say that I really wish that I could have seen LaFluer's offense with Tannehill.  Forget what happened in Miami, he's awesome.

He was above average in Miami and had a lot of really good games followed up by some duds. He's in the Andy Dalton camp, but without the incredible midseason let-down. Tannehill would've probably been better off going to a different franchise. 

17 minutes ago, Joe said:

He was above average in Miami and had a lot of really good games followed up by some duds. He's in the Andy Dalton camp, but without the incredible midseason let-down. Tannehill would've probably been better off going to a different franchise. 

I would have agreed before this year, but being a top 10 "project" draft pick, you can see tools that Dalton just doesn't have.  Performance was comparable though.  Greg Jennings said that Philbin didn't allow him any freedom to audible or call a two minute drill either, and who knows what he had to endure under Gase.  I think we're just now seeing what he can do.  

Edited by Patriotplayer90
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

I would have agreed before this year, but being a top 10 "project" draft pick, you can see tools that Dalton just doesn't have.  Performance was comparable though.  Greg Jennings said that Philbin didn't allow him any freedom to audible or call a two minute drill either, and who knows what he had to endure under Gase.  I think we're just now seeing what he can do.  

First of all, somewhere Mel Kiper is sweating...

Performance was comparable to Dalton's though, which was really the point I was trying to make. Totally forgot about Gase. That's how unforgettable he is...perhaps he told Tannehill to keep an eye on the flying taco LOL