? Week 2 GDT - Saints vs Patriots - Sunday 1pm EST

Dome

@domepatrol91 It's my pleasure.

@whodatworm23 

Sounds rough. Even if NO loses this match, will he be excused given the key injuries to Terron, Streif and Sneed? Maybe there's an already prepared excuse there?

Keys for Us;

• The Saints primarily ran a zone defense against MIN, allowing a lot of quick hitting and crossing patterns to open up underneath. When the Vikings attacked deep, they often picked on strong safety Kenny Vaccaro and nickel corner De’Vante Harris. I think we ought to do the same, relentlessly.

• Finish all Red Zone opportunities. We were 3 for 6. We need to score over 30 points this week.

• Get off the field. The D HAS to force some punts. If we haven't secured the key above, and we don't force punts; it equals another blow out for us and a great win for you. 

What are your keys?

49 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

@domepatrol91 It's my pleasure.

@whodatworm23 

Sounds rough. Even if NO loses this match, will he be excused given the key injuries to Terron, Streif and Sneed? Maybe there's an already prepared excuse there?

Keys for Us;

• The Saints primarily ran a zone defense against MIN, allowing a lot of quick hitting and crossing patterns to open up underneath. When the Vikings attacked deep, they often picked on strong safety Kenny Vaccaro and nickel corner De’Vante Harris. I think we ought to do the same, relentlessly.

• Finish all Red Zone opportunities. We were 3 for 6. We need to score over 30 points this week.

• Get off the field. The D HAS to force some punts. If we haven't secured the key above, and we don't force punts; it equals another blow out for us and a great win for you. 

What are your keys?

Nagh... He'll keep that "we were injuried" excuse tucked away till the end of the season like he always does. Its been his ace in the hole for about 4 years now.

Our keys to winning???

Have someone pull a Toyna Harding to Bradys leg in pregame.

Seriously tho... I cant see anyway this team beats the Pats.

Brady will go off!

Gronk will do Gronk things.

Cooks will look to show Payton what could have been... As will Malcolm Butler.

Trey Flowers will get at least 2 sacks.

BB will out coach Payton.

This will be a train wreck as far as the Saints are concerned IMO and by the way, the Dome isnt so tough to play in anymore over the past few years.

20 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Got any examples? Struggling to think of many of those. The last game I remember him getting savaged was the 2015 AFC CG vs Denver where he was hit 20 times. He went straight back after every one and led us back to within a 2pt conversion of winning an impossible game. 

Way to beat him is rushing 3 or 4 and getting pressure. 

This was your approach. And you think I came off "spikey"?

You asked a question, you got an answer. I'm not going to sugar coat anything for you. Ask anyone in the Saints message boards, I don't sugar coat, especially to the opposition when they come in here talking tongue in cheek trash.

16 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Ah, you had to go back 8 years. Well, if that's the key to beating him, and you can only find once example per 8 years, no wonder he's got a handful of rings 

:D

I didn't realize there was a timeline. Perhaps you should have said "In the last year or two". Then you wouldn't have had an argument, would ya.

The nice thing is the Chiefs gave us a nice road map into whoopin the Pats. That was an embarrassing beat down, at home. 

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

This was your approach. And you think I came off "spikey"?

You asked a question, you got an answer. I'm not going to sugar coat anything for you. Ask anyone in the Saints message boards, I don't sugar coat, especially to the opposition when they come in here talking tongue in cheek trash.

I'm not impressed with your internet hardman act. I picture Randy Marsh. 

I didn't realize there was a timeline. Perhaps you should have said "In the last year or two". Then you wouldn't have had an argument, would ya.

The nice thing is the Chiefs gave us a nice road map into whoopin the Pats. That was an embarrassing beat down, at home. 

So, no other examples? Thought not. You said that he pouts. Show me. 

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I'm not impressed with your internet hardman act. I picture Randy Marsh. 

So, no other examples? Thought not. You said that he pouts. Show me. 

You've mistaken me for someone who gives a sh*t about you or anyone like you. Brady pouts. If you're blind to it, my words aren't going to help you see it.

Don't like the attitude, you're welcome to go back to the lipstick & sunglasses arena from which you came.

You've mistaken me for someone who gives a sh*t about you or anyone like you. Brady pouts. If you're blind to it, my words aren't going to help you see it.

Don't like the attitude, you're welcome to go back to the lipstick & sunglasses arena from which you came.

Show some evidence. You seem quite assured, so surely you'll be able to find some? 

Or we can get back to discussing actual football? 

I am 100% positive that I don't owe you a damn thing. I'll let you go find your own evidence, it's not my job to help you understand your own team.

I'm pretty sure you can find something on YouTube, but you won't want to see it, so you'll play stupid.

5 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

@Mid Iowa @Hunter2_1  Guys...chill out. Ain't that serious.

It's hard to compare teams that only play every 4 years in the Regular season based on their all-time record.  In 2009 the Saints destroyed the Pats, in 2013 the Pats made a comeback victory, and in 2017 the Pats will probably destory the Saints.  The game in 2005 really doesn't matter as it doesn't have any of the key participants that the past 2 meetings have for the Saints in Brees and Payton.  Still going to watch the game tomorrow, hopefully the Saints can show improvement from last week, but it's going to be a tough opponent to try to take down in the Patriots.

23 minutes ago, Raves said:

It's hard to compare teams that only play every 4 years in the Regular season based on their all-time record.  In 2009 the Saints destroyed the Pats, in 2013 the Pats made a comeback victory, and in 2017 the Pats will probably destory the Saints.  The game in 2005 really doesn't matter as it doesn't have any of the key participants that the past 2 meetings have for the Saints in Brees and Payton.  Still going to watch the game tomorrow, hopefully the Saints can show improvement from last week, but it's going to be a tough opponent to try to take down in the Patriots.

I think the game in 2009 matters in the sense that Belichick and Brady aren't gonna forget that skull dragging anytime soon, and they're gonna do everything in their power to turn the tables this time.  That was also a primetime game, so the world was watching.  And unfortunately, we don't have nearly the same team to stop them.

9 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Totally uncalled for Mid Iowa.

We're trying to boost forum activity, not push posters away.

Lets get back to talking football.

9 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Totally uncalled for Mid Iowa.

We're trying to boost forum activity, not push posters away.

Lets get back to talking football.

About ?...

The one thing im looking fwd to this game is Brady vs Brees. Lets appreciate what it is before its gone.

Could possibly be last time these two HOFers square off.

Archived