? Week 2 GDT - Saints vs Patriots - Sunday 1pm EST

Dome

Guys, our O isn't and never has been the issue, regardless of who's on the field.

The issue is on the other side of the ball. Give our O 1 our 2 more weeks and we'll be back scoring 30pts/game. If it wasn't for a couple of unfortunate drops we would have scored 30pts today. Also we're missing our 2 starting T. Our O is fine.

Our D isn't. SOMETHING has to be done. There has to be a CB better than Harris somewhere that we can trade for. 

I was watching the Saints@Vikings game last week but I blame our "poor" offensive display on that ****ty playcalling. We ran the ball WAY too often for no gains. I remember we even ran the ball on 3rd and long. I haven't checked yet but I'm pretty sure we averaraged less than 2.5YPC last week. 

My point is that there's nothing abnormal with our offense starting slowly. New pieces in one of the NFL most complex offense who need time to adjust, a shaky OL missing its 2 starting T who got dominated by the Vikes front 7 = what we saw last week. I'm confident with our O.

Play calling is part of the offense, you can't have one without the other. You have to run the ball to keep the defense honest, that's football 101. They didn't stick with one guy enough. Either Ingram or Peterson, with a dose of Kamara. RBs need to get into a flow. You can't just throw a guy in cold. And there is some abnormal about it because this is an offensive team. Your defense is already bad. If your offense is okay, this team doesn't have a chance. The hole they dig will be too big to climb out of.

31 minutes ago, gen. manager said:

You don't think the offense was to blame for some of that loss last week? What game were you watching?

Sure it was, but the problems had more to do with crap running, blocking, and playcalling than poor receiver play.  When Snead comes back, our receiver group will be fine.  It may be alright now if we can fix our other issues.  Brees hasn't been his usual elite self, but given the other problems, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.  

By far the biggest problem, is wet paper bag defense that completely destroys any offensive gameplan by the end of the first quarter.

The defense is bad but you can't tell me the offense hasn't take a big step back this year. They don't have any explosion this year. And poor receiver play? I've seen guys drop passes or just not get open. They don't have a dynamic guy on that offense right now. Who is the go to guy right now? Who scares an opposing defense right now?

8 minutes ago, gen. manager said:

The defense is bad but you can't tell me the offense hasn't take a big step back this year. They don't have any explosion this year. And poor receiver play? I've seen guys drop passes or just not get open. They don't have a dynamic guy on that offense right now. Who is the go to guy right now? Who scares an opposing defense right now?

Yes, our offense has taken a step back.  But out of all the problems on offense, receiver is my least concern.  We need to figure out a way to improve this injured oline, especially in the run blocking department.  And Payton needs come up with some better redzone plays.  We drive all the way down the field, then very predictably run right up the middle twice for 1 yard gains and immediately put ourselves in third and long.  

Coleman was supposed to be red zone guy at 6'6 and he's been pathetic at best. This team has a playmaker problem. They just have a group of guys. There is no go to guy on that offense. Yes, hopefully Thomas becomes that, but two games in, he hasn't proven that he is. Offense was clunky the past two weeks and it'll be three this upcoming Sunday. Thomas gets taken away and...no one. You keep Cooks, you don't have that problem. That's easy but they have an obvious lack of respect for that position. 

You keep Cooks and we have no running game or passing game, as we would be missing both starting OT with no other options and Brees would be in a body cast right now with Chase Daniels coming in and probably being knocked out right afterwards.  Then we have no QB, no running game, no offensive line, and then our offense would really be as bad as you are making it out to be.

4 minutes ago, gen. manager said:

Coleman was supposed to be red zone guy at 6'6 and he's been pathetic at best. This team has a playmaker problem. They just have a group of guys. There is no go to guy on that offense. Yes, hopefully Thomas becomes that, but two games in, he hasn't proven that he is. Offense was clunky the past two weeks and it'll be three this upcoming Sunday. Thomas gets taken away and...no one. You keep Cooks, you don't have that problem. That's easy but they have an obvious lack of respect for that position. 

I'll reserve judgement until Snead comes back.  Considering the plethora of other problems we have, I'm not worried about receiver at the moment.  And remember, if we had kept Cooks, then we basically have no OT right now.

The offense isn't all that good right now, 20 points and 19 points won't win you many games. Blame the defense because it's easy to do. But the offense isn't helping those guys either. It's not like these are shootout games! If these games were 41-38, you'd have a point but they aren't. These are sound defeats. 

Archived