? Week 2 GDT - Saints vs Patriots - Sunday 1pm EST

Dome

Actually this year, we've already seen that Lattimore is legit, Anzalone though a few mistakes looks like he'll be legit in the longterm.  Rankins has looked good.  Williams has shown flashes, Bell actually came in and played a lot in the second half and that's when our defense played better.  There are some improvements.  Granted teh team isn't where they need to be, but they've shown improvements on some of the young players.

Rankins has looked good to you this year? Anzalone plays hard but he's a liability in pass coverage. And the Patriots let the gas off. Im not of the belief the defense necessarily improved in the second half. They just weren't as aggressive. I see two players on that defense I'd keep at this point, Lattimore and Jordan. Everyone else? Up for grabs.

3 hours ago, gen. manager said:

You guys can't tell me that arrogant Sean Payton didn't look at Ted Ginn and say "Drew and I can get this guy going." You can't tell me that. 

Nobody is saying that.

SP saying "Drew and I can make it work with Ginn" is totally different than SP saying "Ginn can come in and replace Cooks"

You changed your argument in the middle of making it.

44 minutes ago, gen. manager said:

The offense isn't all that good right now, 20 points and 19 points won't win you many games. Blame the defense because it's easy to do. But the offense isn't helping those guys either. It's not like these are shootout games! If these games were 41-38, you'd have a point but they aren't. These are sound defeats. 

I don't know what you're arguing about, I never said the offense has been good this year, in fact I said the exact opposite.  I'm only saying the absence of Cooks isn't the problem.  If our oline could actually block someone, and we could get some ground yardage, our passing game would look much better.  Garbage playcalling haasn't done anyone any favors either, and all of those problems I would rather fix first than worry about the receiver position.  If this wasn't the case, our o-line was healthy and our ground game getting good production, then I would worry about receiver.

And none of this matters, because of course, the defense is historically bad again.  Payton has had four years to turn the league's worst defense into a below average one, and he has failed miserably, and this is why he needs to go.

45 minutes ago, gen. manager said:

What have they done this year? Nothing.

It's also been two games against very good teams without two of the best tackles in the league playing.

chillax. I'll trust 10 years of consistency over 2 games where we finally came down to earth and look average.

41 minutes ago, gen. manager said:

I see two players on that defense I'd keep at this point, Lattimore and Jordan. Everyone else? Up for grabs.

Rankins? Bell? M Williams? Anzalone? 

You see no value in these guys?

10 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Nobody is saying that.

SP saying "Drew and I can make it work with Ginn" is totally different than SP saying "Ginn can come in and replace Cooks"

You changed your argument in the middle of making it.

No one said you or anyone else said it. I'm saying they chose to toss Cooks out of the door and they felt like he wasn't needed. They thought they could get along without him and maybe Ginn could take over his duties and that's been proven wrong. Offense has no real firepower.

11 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I don't know what you're arguing about, I never said the offense has been good this year, in fact I said the exact opposite.  I'm only saying the absence of Cooks isn't the problem.  If our oline could actually block someone, and we could get some ground yardage, our passing game would look much better.  Garbage playcalling haasn't done anyone any favors either, and all of those problems I would rather fix first than worry about the receiver position.  If this wasn't the case, our o-line was healthy and our ground game getting good production, then I would worry about receiver.

And none of this matters, because of course, the defense is historically bad again.  Payton has had four years to turn the league's worst defense into a below average one, and he has failed miserably, and this is why he needs to go.

OLine isn't the problem with the running game, play calling is predictable and defenses dont necessarily fear any of the receivers. They're nice players but they aren't SB players. That's not a super bowl offense with those receivers, I just don't see it. Compare this receiving corps to 2009 and it's not even close.

12 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

It's also been two games against very good teams without two of the best tackles in the league playing.

chillax. I'll trust 10 years of consistency over 2 games where we finally came down to earth and look average.

That's the problem right there. You can't score against the very good teams, you don't have a very good offense. I thought the OLine held up pretty well today. Receivers weren't all that productive when it mattered. And I'm not in that boat with you. You guys are all living in the past when it's 2017 and the truth is this offense isn't all that great anymore.

9 minutes ago, gen. manager said:

No one said you or anyone else said it. 

You said "You can't tell me _________"

I was just pointing out that it's not that we can't tell you that, it's that we won't tell you that, because we don't believe it ourselves. 

9 minutes ago, gen. manager said:

I'm saying they chose to toss Cooks out of the door and they felt like he wasn't needed.

Toss him out the door? They traded him for a 1st round pick and moving up from the 4th to the 3rd.

"toss him out the door" is incredibly disingenuous to what actually happened.

They thought they could get along without him and maybe Ginn could take over his duties and that's been proven wrong. Offense has no real firepower.

Did you have problems with trading Cooks when it happened? At the time did you feel like we could run an offense without him? 

Nobody ever claimed Ginn was going to come in and replace Cooks, nobody ever thought they'd get the same production or even have the same role. 

Signing a WR because you just traded away a WR doesn't mean you view those players as equivalent, it means you needed a WR.

Archived