? Week 2 GDT - Saints vs Patriots - Sunday 1pm EST

Dome

I think the only way(s) we beat the Patriots is to get some good hits on Brady right out of the gate, and then keep them coming. When he gets pouty and/or frustrated, he shuts down, especially in games that aren't playoffs.

Also finding out how to keep the run/pass threat of our offense, or should I say, actually making our offense a threat. If we execute (offense) like we did in garbage time at Minnesota, we can win. If our D executes like we did in Minnesota, we're losing by at least 38-17(24).

27 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Yes and yes.

Though I think the chances of either actually happening are slim. 

What i could see happening...

Payton is traded to Chicago Bears: 

Loomis would have to trade Paytons contract because Benson aint eating that much money. Loomis could look to his former protege in Ryan Pace and accept like a 4th rounder in the deal. Payton would get to coach is former and hometown team rich in history as a storied fanchise. Payton as well has a very good realtionship with Pace and would have a very impressive young QB in Trubisky to work with as well as a QB in Glennon whom Payton coveted in the draft.

Pace would get a great offensive mind to get his offense going while keeping his defense intact under Vic Fangio. Pace job is tied to the success of Trubisky so adding Payton would be a slam dunk for him in Chi-Town.

Brees and Saints break off contract talks after Payton is traded and eventually signs with the Jacksonville Jaguars. Brees and Jags coach Doug Maronne have a great realtionship and putting him on that offense with that defense and Fournette to go along with Marrones ability to build a offensive line and Tom Coughlin bringing im high character tough guys... Brees and the Jags could threaten the Pats in the AFC.

Now the Saints...

Start over, begining with a defensive minded HC. Retool the front office and coaching staff. Focus on changing the culture of this franchise from a passive passing attack to more of a tough minded defensive team with a stout running game... Begin the search for the next Saints QB for the new era.

What I'm really hoping for is that our team was so embarrassed that they come out focused more than ever, play a tight game, and discover some continuity that they can ride high on for some time to come. 

Sometimes a beyatch slapping is what you need to wake up. Kinda like Rocky? Only 2 very different Mickys, unfortunately.

3 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

I think the only way(s) we beat the Patriots is to get some good hits on Brady right out of the gate, and then keep them coming. When he gets pouty and/or frustrated, he shuts down, especially in games that aren't playoffs.

Got any examples? Struggling to think of many of those. The last game I remember him getting savaged was the 2015 AFC CG vs Denver where he was hit 20 times. He went straight back after every one and led us back to within a 2pt conversion of winning an impossible game. 

Way to beat him is rushing 3 or 4 and getting pressure. 

3 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Got any examples? Struggling to think of many of those. The last game I remember him getting savaged was the 2015 AFC CG vs Denver where he was hit 20 times. He went straight back after every one and led us back to within a 2pt conversion of winning an impossible game. 

Agreed

Only defenses i ever saw rattle Brady was the ones who can apply quick pressure with 4 lineman and keep their coverage intact on the backend...

This is something the Saints are not equipped to do!

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yup, I'll give you a great example. 2009 in the SuperDome. The Saints beat the crap out of Brady so bad BB pulled him in the 4th quarter. The look on Tommy's face was priceless, as was the result of the game, which was a 38-17 victory for the Saints!!!!

Ring any bells? Let me refresh your memory

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d814a0d84/NFLTA-Patriots-vs-Saints-highlights

2 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Yup, I'll give you a great example. 2009 in the SuperDome. The Saints beat the crap out of Brady so bad BB pulled him in the 4th quarter. The look on Tommy's face was priceless, as was the result of the game, which was a 38-17 victory for the Saints!!!!

Ring any bells? Let me refresh your memory

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d814a0d84/NFLTA-Patriots-vs-Saints-highlights

Ah, you had to go back 8 years. Well, if that's the key to beating him, and you can only find once example per 8 years, no wonder he's got a handful of rings 

:D

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Ah, you had to go back 8 years. Well, if that's the key to beating him, and you can only find once example per 8 years, no wonder he's got a handful of rings 

:D

Well yeah, I don't think anyone claimed beating the Pats was easy. 

8 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Well yeah, I don't think anyone claimed beating the Pats was easy. 

I thought your man offered a pretty spikey response to a legitimate question there. I didn't deserve five exclamation marks.....haha.

Anyway, as a Pats fan, I am worried about this game. NO in the Dome is a genuinely tough task. Wouldn't be surprised if BB picks up a rare second loss in a row here. I still don't think we should be overreacting if this does happen. Things take time. 

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I thought your man offered a pretty spikey response to a legitimate question there. I didn't deserve five exclamation marks.....haha.

It was just four! Totally reasonable!

!!

!!! xD

Heres to no injuries!

thanks for stopping by our thread btw, always looking for outsiders to rattle the cage a bit. It's good for us.

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Anyway, as a Pats fan, I am worried about this game. NO in the Dome is a genuinely tough task. Wouldn't be surprised if BB picks up a rare second loss in a row here. I still don't think we should be overreacting if this does happen. Things take time. 

The only reason the Saints win this game is because thats how things typically play out for Saints fans recently under this regime...

Get embrassed on Monday night opener by Vikes, after 3 straight 7-9 seasons and 4 lossing seasons in last 5. Half the fan base wanting Payton out and righfully so.

Beat the Pats in the dome and all of a sudden Payton buys himself another few weeks of arrgoant smirks and quips to the local media.

Go 0-2 after beating the Pats and limp into the bye at 1-3 but hey, we beat the Pats so the "potential" is there. 

Continue this roller coaster season enroute to a 7-9 or 8-8 season and have the owner give Payton yet another year after his consistant mediocrity and say its because were close when everyone knows its about money.

Aghhh... Life of a Saints fan!

Archived