Mitch Trubisky Bad Throws

WindyCity

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I am not even sure it screams game manager. The league average is 34.7 pass attempts a game. The playoff QBs are not asked to do this very often.

Playoff QBs

Jimmy G 2

Kirk Cousin 0

Deshaun Watson 2

Josh Allen 0

Dak Prescott 6 [1-5 record in those games]

MVPs

Pat Mahomes 4

Lamar Jackson 1

Russell Wilson 3

HOF

Aaron Rodgers 1

Drew Brees 4

Tom Brady 7

You can example the numbers next to the QBs?

3 hours ago, WindyCity said:

People like to compare Mitch to Trubiksy and Jimmy G

Mitch

Intended Air Yards: 8.1
Completed Air Yards: 5.5
Air Yards/Attempt: 3.4
YAC/Completion: 4.3

Jimmy

Intended Air Yards: 6.4
Completed Air Yards: 5.3
Air Yards/Attempt: 3.6
YAC/Completion: 6.4

Jimmy has 675 more YAC

As your second post mentions, the expected YAC for Jimmy's players is different. Jimmy also has an elite TE to help him when he gets in trouble. I think regardless this shows to me more of why Jimmy is just an average QB rather than Mitch being anything special. We do have a blueprint, however -- we need to run the ball well and limit Mitch's pass attempts to match his skill level.

Either way, it doesn't make me feel that great about him as a QB. Watching Brees on Monday Night, makes me feel like we need to get another QB in the draft next year and the following to give ourselves a chance at a game changer.

9 hours ago, Nads786 said:

This screams game manager to me. Which is fine as we are coming to gripes with who he is as a QB. We just need to draft another QB and see if we hit pay dirt.

No team in the NFL averages more than 40 passing attempts per game except for the 5-9 Atlanta Falcons.

Next closest two are:

New England Patriots with Tom Brady who is having his worst statistical season since 2008

and

Tampa Bay Buccaneers with the 87.9 rated Jameis Winston

6 hours ago, WindyCity said:
Mitch Trubisky

Intended Air Yards Per Attempt: 17th
Completed Air Yards: 20th
YAC per completion: 29th

Have to figure out a way to get him more YAC yards, on both 10 and the pass catchers.

The YAC is the glaring issue there, and why I hate the screen game we have. Whether poor blocking, poor timing, or going to a WR like Gabriel that has straightline speed but cannot make people miss it is highly ineffective for us. 

I said last year White should be blocking on them more and this year Patterson should be.  I'm more than happy to run whatever play but they have to be able to execute it, and for the last 2 years we haven't been worth a damn at them. 

Mitch needs to be kept in a box like Kirk and Jimmy to be successful.

You cannot let them drop back and just throw the pill around 50 times. You will get less and less from your investment as you let him throw it a ton.

Jimmy and Kirk are having great years and going to the playoffs because their coaches do not expose them.

• Like 1

Another one for you.

Mitch is actually throwing the ball deep more this season way more than last season. 20+ yard throws

2018: 177

2019: 202, on pace for 232

He is completing fewer passes 65/61.5 But he is also attempting way more 30+ yard throws 101-49.

In 12 games he already had more deep yardage this season [1336] than he did in 14 games in 2018 [1214].

On 12/20/2019 at 9:08 AM, WindyCity said:

It really is amazing that the 49ers and Vikings can run the ball like they do considering they do not throw deep and teams can just crash the line of scrimmage.

20+ yard throws

Mitch: 124/202 1336 yards

Jimmy: 98/147 1024 yards

Cousins: 98/143 1174 yards

What do they have in common? Play action passing based off their tremendous run games. The millisecond I learned that Kubiak/Dennison were going to Minnesota I knew their run game was going to be elite.

We need that here but I don't believe we run the same scheme that they do up in Minnesota or out west in San Fran.

Edited by G08

19 hours ago, G08 said:

What do they have in common? Play action passing based off their tremendous run games. The millisecond I learned that Kubiak/Dennison were going to Minnesota I knew their run game was going to be elite.

We need that here but I don't believe we run the same scheme that they do up in Minnesota or out west in San Fran.

It does not need to be identical, but we need to run the ball if 10 is going to be the QB.

5 hours ago, WindyCity said:

It does not need to be identical, but we need to run the ball if 10 is going to be the QB.

I'm curious to see how flexible Nagy can be within this scheme. Does he know more football than just what Reid taught him? 

58 minutes ago, G08 said:

I'm curious to see how flexible Nagy can be within this scheme. Does he know more football than just what Reid taught him? 

He will need to learn that on the fly, because I don’t think Reid is going to teach him how to run the ball because he barely does.

On a separate note - is Jimmy G even better than Mitch? He’s putting up some stinkers recently.

27 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

He will need to learn that on the fly, because I don’t think Reid is going to teach him how to run the ball because he barely does.

On a separate note - is Jimmy G even better than Mitch? He’s putting up some stinkers recently.

Depends on who you ask. Right now I would say yes.