GDT Bills @ Gillette Stadium

soflbillsfan

3 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

So after this heart breaking loss McDermott should rest all starters and give the  backups some reps in case they go down in playoffs. Give players time to rest and get healthy since a win or loss doesnt make a difference for the bills in week 17

Can't rest all starters when you only dress 46.

Offense should be seeing the field for at least the first half IMO. Still way too inconsistent and every rep will count.

As for last nights game itself, our offense did about what I expected. Was nonexistent at times and then downright flashy at others. Defense was fairly disappointing. Poor tackling and run game have been issues all year. Not sure why they seemed content with going 1 on 1 with Edelman but Taron Johnson was in over his head there. I am also starting to get really annoyed with Poyer who recently seems to be going for big hits rather than wrapping up which has allowed bigger gains then necessary. 

Bills/Pats was highest watched NFL Network game in 3 years. Great ratings on Turkey Day. No doubt we getting a home MNF game with a couple more Nationally televised games next season 

I think this team is on way to doing some special things. We're set at GM, HC and QB for next decade + and feel like this core unlike any other since the Levy era will stay together for a long time 

As a Mississauga, Ontario native I'm psyched to see the Bills and Baby Face Allen ready to make some noise in the post season. Quick Q: with nothing left to play for this regular season, are the Bills gonna rest starters next week? I want to know if my Jets 6.5 under has a reasonable shot at hitting. Thanks and good luck in the playoffs

14 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Can't rest all starters when you only dress 46.

Offense should be seeing the field for at least the first half IMO. Still way too inconsistent and every rep will count.

As for last nights game itself, our offense did about what I expected. Was nonexistent at times and then downright flashy at others. Defense was fairly disappointing. Poor tackling and run game have been issues all year. Not sure why they seemed content with going 1 on 1 with Edelman but Taron Johnson was in over his head there. I am also starting to get really annoyed with Poyer who recently seems to be going for big hits rather than wrapping up which has allowed bigger gains then necessary. 

When I say rest starters I mean allen, beasley, brown, and a couple of olineman. Dont dress a few guys and allow yeldon, duke, sweeney etc get some reps in live action so they have an opportunity to show what they can do and give certain guys not only rest but prevent them from getting injured. Morse and Ty need to definitely not dress and let them be healed for the Texans game. 

On another note Will Fuller expected to miss 3 weeks so he will likely be out for the Wild Card round which means only Stills and Hopkins will be the weapons at receiver for them.

6 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

When I say rest starters I mean allen, beasley, brown, and a couple of olineman. Dont dress a few guys and allow yeldon, duke, sweeney etc get some reps in live action so they have an opportunity to show what they can do and give certain guys not only rest but prevent them from getting injured. Morse and Ty need to definitely not dress and let them be healed for the Texans game. 

On another note Will Fuller expected to miss 3 weeks so he will likely be out for the Wild Card round which means only Stills and Hopkins will be the weapons at receiver for them.

John Brown and any player who is dealing with a nagging injury should sit. Guys like Hughes, Zo, Gore and Morse should not see the field.

I am not confident with our offense going into the playoffs and getting more reps against another good D could be quite useful. I also don't want to drop 2 straight and 3 of the last 4 going into the playoffs.

Now granted, we are playing a Greg Williams defense so caution is needed, but Buffalo shouldn't be laying down in week 17. 

Yardperpass on twitter had shown some film from the All 22. That final series in the redzone is depressing. If our OL was even partially competent we would have scored. On 3rd and 9 Allen had guys on top of him right away. On the final 4th down play Knox is open almost immediately but Singletary takes the outside rusher with his route and Dawkins trips over himself chasing the wrong player and that free rusher forced Allen out of the pocket. 

I have been tough on Daboll for some play calling issues but schematically he does a really nice job and keeps defenses on their toes. When the players say it is an execution issue, I believe them. I hope no one hires Daboll as a HC because a 3rd season with him and Allen and likely 9-11 returning starters on offense would be huge. 

Edited by Trentwannabe

On 12/23/2019 at 5:26 PM, Trentwannabe said:

John Brown and any player who is dealing with a nagging injury should sit. Guys like Hughes, Zo, Gore and Morse should not see the field.

I am not confident with our offense going into the playoffs and getting more reps against another good D could be quite useful. I also don't want to drop 2 straight and 3 of the last 4 going into the playoffs.

Now granted, we are playing a Greg Williams defense so caution is needed, but Buffalo shouldn't be laying down in week 17. 

I agree injured players shouldnt see the field or even dress. I think the bills end up putting starters in for the 1st half then take them out. Jamal Adams made a snide remark about having a grudge and then said this game is the playoffs. As you mention I do not trust Greg Williams in anyway and do not want to risk injury because that dope thinks he should have a player taken out on a meaningless game because of past history with the organization and the past history of having bounties. 

As for a win or loss it doesnt make a difference players, coaches, and media will see the real reason why they lost and that is because the bills are treating it as a meaningless game. McDermott already stated that they have been scouting the Texans and KC in order to get a jump on the work for the real game that matters. I also do not expect any creative plays as Daboll will likely save that for the wild card. He will likely run run run to kill clock and hope no injuries come of it.To me this is a preseason game, good to get some real gametime reps in but meaningless with the hopes of keeping everyone healthy. 

Edited by soflbillsfan