IT'S ALREADY DRAFT SEASON "FANSPEAK MOCK #1"

Karnage84

1 (5th) - Derrick Brown, DL, Auburn

Brown is a guy that can be a run stopper and offers some pass rush up the middle. This is a team that emphasizes the DL in the scheme. Getting improvement at the position should help the defense overall

2 - Yetur Gross-Matos, Edge, Penn State

A raw but highly athletic prospect, this is a guy that should help as a situational pass-rusher relying on his athleticism while he grows into the role. I'd expect a veteran guy to also be added to address the issues we've had here.

3 - Solomon Kindley, OG, Georgia

We need to continue to add to the line. Decker is likely going to be back in some capacity. He's played well enough to be back at LT or RT. Dahl is expected to be back but I'm not sure what the plan is with Glasgow. I would look at adding an OT but I'm not sold that Crosby isn't going to get a shot. 

4 - Najee Harris, RB, Alabama

Kerryon is going to come back next year but I'm not convinced he's going to be able to stay healthy. Scarborough has had success with his running style. Harris takes that to the next level and offers up a little more in the passing game. He's not a flashy guy but we've seen what a power runner can do in this offense. 

5 - Neville Gallimore, DL, Oklahoma

Addressing the DL again, we have a freak athlete in Gallimore to replace the soon-to-be departured A'Shawn Robinson. There's potential here to develop some more pass-rush and in the meantime, he can utilize his size and athleticism as a run stopper.

5 - Isaiah Hodgins, WR, Oregon State

A big body, down the field guy. I like Marvin Hall as a burner option. Hodgins has really nice size, was highly productive at Oregon State and should be a viable replacement for Marvin Jones. 

6 - Casey Toohill, OLB, Stanford

OLB that fits the physical traits the Lions are looking for. Is a 6th rounder but could develop into a replacement option for Christian Jones. 

On 12/21/2019 at 12:08 PM, diehardlionfan said:

There’s no chance Big Canada is available in the 5th round. The guy is incredibly strong and eats up blockers. 

This is just where Fanspeak has him available right now. There's obviously a long road ahead. I was coaching with the same club he played his minor ball here in Ottawa. He played RB and he was the largest and most built ninth grader that I've ever seen in my life. He's going to be at the Senior Bowl and the Lions look to be viable candidates to be the second team to coach there (first likely being the Bengals). It could be a good match.

On 2019-12-23 at 8:40 AM, Karnage84 said:

This is just where Fanspeak has him available right now. There's obviously a long road ahead. I was coaching with the same club he played his minor ball here in Ottawa. He played RB and he was the largest and most built ninth grader that I've ever seen in my life. He's going to be at the Senior Bowl and the Lions look to be viable candidates to be the second team to coach there (first likely being the Bengals). It could be a good match.

He is one strong dude. 

Fanspeak isn’t even close on their projection for him.

On 2019-12-25 at 1:46 PM, NFL_Fan said:

man im sick of drafting lineman at this point...its not working for them and its been since Suh either OL or DL and Hock can go in there cause hes crap in the passing game too. 

I’m sick of them drafting the wrong linemen.  Winning starts in the trenches and if you can’t control the line of scrimmage you aren’t going to win many games.

Until they can get improved line play then they need to keep drafting linemen. Drafting RB, TE, WR is simply a waste of time at this point.