Week 16: The Chase Young Bowl

turtle28

Well, as we've talked about this is the most important game of the year bc we must lose to the Giants if we hope to have a chance at the #2 pick and draft Chase Young.

I have to say though, based upon how the team has played the last month - and how well Haskins and the young WRs played last week - I am worried that we will beat the Giants.

I hope I am wrong, but I’m worried we win.

That being said, I hope our young players play well again but we lose like they did vs the Eagles.

Then there is this:

Edited by turtle28

As much as I want the draft positioning & the #2 spot, I also want Haskins & the young guys to play well.

Don't forget, we still play Dallas. 

Things will happen the way they're supposed too.

It would be nice though, to be sitting at the #1 or #2 spot with teams itching to trade up come April draft.

Specially, with a new coach wanting to put his stamp on this team.

If we do lose, I hope McLaurin has a 100 yard day. I want him to beat the Redskins rookie record for yards & possibly get Offensive rookie of the year.

• Like 1

This dumb franchise could have the following on draft day:

1. Cincinnati Bengals - Joe Burrow, QB, LSU

2. Washington Redskins - on the clock

Miami offers 22, 23, 61, 150 and a future 3rd

-The pick is in. 

The Washington Redskins select - Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama. 

3. New York Giants - Chase Young, EDGE, Ohio State. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mike23md said:

This dumb franchise could have the following on draft day:

1. Cincinnati Bengals - Joe Burrow, QB, LSU

2. Washington Redskins - on the clock

Miami offers 22, 23, 61, 150 and a future 3rd

-The pick is in. 

The Washington Redskins select - Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama. 

3. New York Giants - Chase Young, EDGE, Ohio State. 

While that’s not the outcome I would want, I could see Jeudy & McLaurin having years like DJax & Garçon had for us in 2016 for the next decade and both going over 1,000 yards with Jeudy playing the Garçon role and McLaurin continuing to play a DJax role but as a tougher WR who makes tougher catches, goes across the middle and blocks his tail off.

I could see their stats next year being the following if we draft Jeudy:

McLaurin: 65 recs, 1050 yds, 8 TDs

Jeudy: 75 recs, 1025 yds, 6 TDs

Again, I’d rather have Chase Young so our pass rush improves, but I’m not going to be upset if these are our starting WRs for the next decade plus either with Sims in the slot and Harmon as our 4th WR.

Edited by turtle28

22 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

You know whats funny about this week? The teams projected to pick in the top 4 are all playing against one another. Has something like this ever happened before?

Maybe, but I don’t think so. Usually, I don’t pay attention bc the Redskins aren’t in this position very often, we’re usually more mediocre and stuck there instead of being this bad to actually get a great prospect who hopefully helps us become good in a few years.