Week 16: The Chase Young Bowl

turtle28

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Just need the Cowboys to lose so they kick our butts next week. They’ll probably do that anyway but we need them to have a reason lol

I don't know if they’ll lose to the Eagles. Ertz & Goddert - Wentz’s two best receiving options - got hurt.

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

You are exchanging one train wreck for another 

For the record, it was more enjoyable than has been reported. One reviewer I generally agree with (Jeremy Jahns) said it was the worst Star Wars movie.

I can cleared the "Jar Jar Bar" with plenty to spare. In terms of all nine movies, I'd slot it the middle. In discussing it with a friend after the movie, I think the main problem is that whereas the original trilogy (admittedly, after the fact since "Star Wars" was originally supposed to be a single movie) and the prequel trilogy had an overarching story, the "postquel" trilogy was just three films that were loosely tied together with the same characters. They could have built an overarching story with 7-9, but they missed the boat.

3 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Seems like we scored again while I was making coffee to stay awake the rest of the game. 2nd time thats happened.

Putting myself on a coffee ban during games. Back to booze for me.

The fact you even questioned this ... it makes me worry for you, PARROTHEAD. :D:D:D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woz said:

For the record, it was more enjoyable than has been reported. One reviewer I generally agree with (Jeremy Jahns) said it was the worst Star Wars movie.

I can cleared the "Jar Jar Bar" with plenty to spare. In terms of all nine movies, I'd slot it the middle. In discussing it with a friend after the movie, I think the main problem is that whereas the original trilogy (admittedly, after the fact since "Star Wars" was originally supposed to be a single movie) and the prequel trilogy had an overarching story, the "postquel" trilogy was just three films that were loosely tied together with the same characters. They could have built an overarching story with 7-9, but they missed the boat.

The entire sequel trilogy would've been better if they went the route of Darth Jar Jar.  Though I do agree with your thoughts.  The fact that The Last Jedi threw away most of the plot and talking points from The Force Awakens meant that Abrams had to cram two movies into one hence the craziness of the first half of the movie.