Week 16: The Chase Young Bowl

turtle28

11 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I'm absolutely concerned about the secondary moving forward.  Yeah, we played without Moreau and Dunbar, but Nicholson needs to go and Landon Collins is dreadful in coverage.  So we have to find a slot corner (and the FA prices for them are skyrocketing), potentially a #2 corner, and a centerfield free safety, while Dunbar is going to get a big money extension soon and the cap hit for Collins is going to go up exponentially.  This is going to be a tough group to continue to grow with all of those factors.  

Yeah, there's no doubt we need to upgrade 3 positions in our secondary - #2 corner, slot & FS - and if we don't retain Dunny - which there is no excuse not to - we’ll need 4 starting DB positions. The secondary has become the Redskins biggest area of need - outside of a starting TE - over the second half of this season. 

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, there's no doubt we need to upgrade 3 positions in our secondary - #2 corner, slot & FS - and if we don't retain Dunny - which there is no excuse not to - we’ll need 4 starting DB positions. The secondary has become the Redskins biggest area of need - outside of a starting TE - over the second half of this season. 

Danny Johnson, Jimmy Mooreland and Greg Stroman  ( out all year ) Maybe these guys can help next year but yes, we need some corners and F S.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2019 at 2:47 PM, Woz said:

So, that's not a hi-lo tackle on a QB ... good to know.

Hard to imagine there wasn’t more talk about this on the TV broadcast, local radio, etc. 

I just saw the play for the first time on the recording, already knowing he had gotten hurt, and I let loose a string of profanities that would have made the dad from Christmas Story blush. What a 🤬 joke! They whistled SDH for hitting a QB who was still trying to run (before the whistle blew) but they don’t call Golden for literally diving into the lower legs of our QB? It’s extremely lucky that was only a high ankle sprain — easily could have been a knee or an Achilles with that impact angle. 

I think because Haskins is so big, we may get to experience some of what we’ve seen with big bulky guys like Roethlisberger and Newton, where they just don’t get roughing calls like the smaller, thinner, “frailer” QBs. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Hard to imagine there wasn’t more talk about this on the TV broadcast, local radio, etc. 

I just saw the play for the first time on the recording, already knowing he had gotten hurt, and I let loose a string of profanities that would have made the dad from Christmas Story blush. What a 🤬 joke! They whistled SDH for hitting a QB who was still trying to run (before the whistle blew) but they don’t call Golden for literally diving into the lower legs of our QB? It’s extremely lucky that was only a high ankle sprain — easily could have been a knee or an Achilles with that impact angle. 

I think because Haskins is so big, we may get to experience some of what we’ve seen with big bulky guys like Roethlisberger and Newton, where they just don’t get roughing calls like the smaller, thinner, “frailer” QBs. 

Sadly, 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29e7cb98f90f24abc56f

4 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Danny Johnson, Jimmy Mooreland and Greg Stroman  ( out all year ) Maybe these guys can help next year but yes, we need some corners and F S.

I think JFM can help. He did well after a bit of the "rookieness". The Eagles game he was solid in coverage on the outside.

The NFL really needs to fix how they determine draft picks in a tiebreaker.  I am still confused as to how the Giants could get the pick ahead of us in the event of a tie despite having beat us twice.  In literally any other scenario in the NFL and the other major sports, tiebreaker goes to head to head matchups first.  This strength of schedule stuff needs to go, or be a secondary tiebreaker in the event two divisional teams split the series.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The NFL really needs to fix how they determine draft picks in a tiebreaker.  I am still confused as to how the Giants could get the pick ahead of us in the event of a tie despite having beat us twice.  In literally any other scenario in the NFL and the other major sports, tiebreaker goes to head to head matchups first.  This strength of schedule stuff needs to go, or be a secondary tiebreaker in the event two divisional teams split the series.  

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29e4fe836060e87f1660

6 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

NBA uses a coin flip/random drawing to break ties and MLB uses the previous year’s record 🤷🏻‍♂️

On 12/25/2019 at 2:05 PM, ripsean21 said:

Moreland can play. He belongs he needs too keep working I believe he will be fine

Yeah, in college was the same thing. His worst season was his freshman season where he dropped a few INTs (a la Carlos Rogers). He worked on it and then for the next 3 seasons he blanketed coverage and got 18 INTs and 6 pick-six's.

I think he'll be fine. Just needs more experience and better coaching

On 12/25/2019 at 2:53 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

Yeah, I dont mind the other tiebreakers, but the head to head needs to go to the front

• Like 1