Week 16 - Rams @ 49ers

JonStark

Image result for aaron donald  49ers

I know the season is basically over, but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy spoiling the niners season. Last week was a buzzkill, but we should still enjoy the team we have (especially compared to what we've been through to get this team). We only have a select amount of years watching a guy like AD in his prime, so let's enjoy it!

Feel like we respond to last week pretty well and take a close game. 

SF coming off an unexpected loss to ATL and being at home AND still battling for the divison doesn't bode well for us. 

We will be able to tell by the first two posessions how this game will go similar to last week, vs. Baltimore, and vs TB. When the Rams don't even get off the plane (last week), it spirals quickly and gets ugly. It is imperative that Goff gets in a rhythm early. 

I'm not optimistic. I think this one gets ugly and would guess the 49ers by +10. After last week, I think the team is ready to mail it in, but I hope I'm wrong.

Anyone know the exact scenario if we win and Minn loses what would need to happen the following week?

5 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

SF coming off an unexpected loss to ATL and being at home AND still battling for the divison doesn't bode well for us. 

We will be able to tell by the first two posessions how this game will go similar to last week, vs. Baltimore, and vs TB. When the Rams don't even get off the plane (last week), it spirals quickly and gets ugly. It is imperative that Goff gets in a rhythm early. 

I'm not optimistic. I think this one gets ugly and would guess the 49ers by +10. After last week, I think the team is ready to mail it in, but I hope I'm wrong.

Anyone know the exact scenario if we win and Minn loses what would need to happen the following week?

We need to win out and have Minnesota lose out for us to make it, but if that were to happen, we DO make the playoffs 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

I think this game is meaningless for them, from what I understand.  Even if they lose this game, they can still win the division with a win the final week of the season because they play Seattle.

Seattle's game this week vs Arizona also does not matter.  Basically the division comes down to who wins week 17 - Niners at Seattle.

3 hours ago, showtime said:

I think this game is meaningless for them, from what I understand.  Even if they lose this game, they can still win the division with a win the final week of the season because they play Seattle.

Seattle's game this week vs Arizona also does not matter.  Basically the division comes down to who wins week 17 - Niners at Seattle.

The division does come down to week 17 but that doesn't make week 16 meaningless. You could win week 17 and the division and end up as the 3rd seed and have to play an extra game and be on the road the following week. Week 16 is very important for each of you so you can get a 1st round bye. You each lose week 16 and the division winner instead of possibly the 1 seed is the 3 seed. 

4 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

The division does come down to week 17 but that doesn't make week 16 meaningless. You could win week 17 and the division and end up as the 3rd seed and have to play an extra game and be on the road the following week. Week 16 is very important for each of you so you can get a 1st round bye. You each lose week 16 and the division winner instead of possibly the 1 seed is the 3 seed. 

Very good point.  I wasn't even thinking about that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

If the Rams win this week...I will change my profile statement to anything you guys decide upon. This game matters that much to Saints fans.

If thats the case, Saints fans are going to be disappointed twice this weekend

On 12/20/2019 at 3:06 PM, showtime said:

It always mattered for seeding, but not the division

Now that the Rams are officially eliminated from playoff contention, I’ll just say that this season was just not meant to be. This game was exactly that. The Niners had (2) 3rd and 16 on that final drive and converted both times. Outside of that Week 9 Saints game last season when Thomas had that game icing td for the Saints the Rams defense wasn’t giving up those types of plays in the 4th quarter when the game was on the line.

Tonight showed me again how Goff is resilient, McVay hasn’t forgotten how to coach offense and Higbee getting paid wasn’t a waste of money. Yes he should’ve caught that ball that would’ve been huge but he isn’t perfect. I look forward to seeing him and Everett continue to develop within the offense because the Rams will really be unstoppable from the tight ends, receivers, and backs especially as Henderson develop too. But now it’s about finishing strong against the Cards to get to (9-7) but I see it as a make kick by Zeurlein against the Seahawks and just one 3rd and 16 stop tonight against the Niners the Rams could be (11-5) but thats just how close the line is from winning and losing. All I ask from the Rams is to put themselves with a chance to win and tonight they had that chance but came up short. 

7 hours ago, bertuzzi said:

Sucks that we lost and a disappointing season imo. Gonna be hard to keep some good players after we pay ramsey, oh well . Lets see what happens.

Ramsey and Donald are two of the most dominate players in the NFL. Both are one of the best at their position. I think it's $ well spent

• Like 4

7 hours ago, RamPackFan said:

Ramsey and Donald are two of the most dominate players in the NFL. Both are one of the best at their position. I think it's $ well spent

no doubt. 

You guys didnt have a losing season, even in a down year. 

The last time we swept you guys, we only won 2 games all year lmao 

best division in football

• Like 1