Week 16 - Rams @ 49ers

JonStark

2 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

How do we feel about Ramsey throwing Rapp under the buss? 

How do we feel about a new DC? 

How do we feel about 2020. 

Rapp deserved it. He needs to learn from it and not make that mistake again. Can't believe he picked that moment to do it.

A new DC is likely needed at this point. There are some good options out there.

I think we'll be back. Young OLs will have experience. We should add a player or two to the unit to shore it up. The defense should be good enough.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

I'd prefer he didn't say it but I don't care too much. It was a pretty egregious screw up. He's had a great year at times but has picked awful times to kill the team. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Rapp deserved it. He needs to learn from it and not make that mistake again. Can't believe he picked that moment to do it.

A new DC is likely needed at this point. There are some good options out there.

I think we'll be back. Young OLs will have experience. We should add a player or two to the unit to shore it up. The defense should be good enough.

I think we hire in house. Aubrey pleasant. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

That's who Ramsey is. It's not personnel at Rapp. 

McVay essentially did the same thing with Pam Oliver calling out Goff for the interception. Goff deserved it too. 

Yeah that was warranted.. Cost us the game to a degree but he did bounce back. Gonna be a long year! We can’t even look forward to the draft lol. 

No playoffs is gonna suck. 

2 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Yeah that was warranted.. Cost us the game to a degree but he did bounce back. Gonna be a long year! We can’t even look forward to the draft lol. 

No playoffs is gonna suck. 

We can. We just don't have a 1st. What we have to look forward to is we've seen both Higbee and Everett look great this year. Them plus Woods, Cooks, and Kupp is going to be lethal if the OL can be retooled. 

19 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

That's who Ramsey is. It's not personnel at Rapp. 

McVay essentially did the same thing with Pam Oliver calling out Goff for the interception. Goff deserved it too. 

yeah, cant be too mad when a guy says something publicly that is true

that doesnt mean he should have said it though

5 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

I dont have a problem with Ramsey saying what he said about Rapp. Just think about the Saints in 2017 in the playoffs when their rookie safety Williams did what he did that allowed Diggs to get that game-winning td. I dont think no Saints player held him accountable and he hasnt been the same since. The Saints are still the worst team in the league when it comes to giving up those big plays. So harsh criticism is warranted to help Rapp get better. I truly think he will get better from that experience.

Id like Wade to still be the DC but if he isnt back then I certainly wouldnt mind Pleasant. He gets raved reviews from the likes of Ryan Clark so Id like to see what he can do as the DC if Wade isnt back.

In general I feel like 2020 is going to be a bounce back season. As bad as this season was I could truly say if Zeurlein didnt miss that kick in Seattle and the Rams couldve just stopped one 3rd and 16 down, the Rams would be (10-5) right now going back to LA to face the Cards which they beat down a few weeks ago. So the Rams could be (11-5) and in the playoffs had just those two things went the Rams way. Last season the ball bounced the Rams way. Remember Cousins fumbled the ball on their final drive on TNF and the Rams recovered to ice the game? Remember Goff picked up that 4th and 1 to ice the game in Seattle? Remember the Rams special teams forced that fumble on TY Montgomery to make sure ARod didnt get the ball back with a chance to drive down the field and possibly win? Remember the Rams stopped Mahomes on MNF when the Chiefs had the ball only down by a FG? So again last season things went the Rams way that this season it didnt. It happens even to the best of teams. We knew the NFC was going to be tough. We knew the NFC West was going to be tough. Every little break the Rams didnt get they needed if they was going to survive this season in this tough conference and division. The oline took its lumps but heading into next season it will be better just from the Rams making it a priority plus all these young guys getting experience and getting healthy. Plus I just think in general the Rams will go into the offseason motivated and ready to get back at the top of the NFC with them entering their new stadium so the energy will be at an all-time high. So next season I expect it will be a mixed bag when it comes to how others feel about the Rams. Some will think the Rams will be back from their Superbowl hangover and get back into the playoffs. Some will think their window was closed in 2018 when they didnt win the Superbowl and thus they will either be the same as they were this season if not worst. I think nobody should sleep on the Rams next season because great organizations retool and get better from year to year especially after a down season. I expect the Rams to be better than this season and barring a rash of injuries they will be back in the playoffs either as division champs or wildcard. Im excited about this offseason. Last offseason I wasnt excited about and was just waiting for the season to start. This offseason Im so excited and cant wait to see what the Rams do to get back where they belong and thats in the playoffs competing for a Superbowl. 

Edited by stl4life07

6 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

I Hate a lot about Ramsey, but to be honest, I'm of the opinion it was all on Rapp. Sure, maybe Ramsey's trailing technique was not great (that seemed to be the argument on Gen), but with that route, that was never an issue. The issue was Rapp being in the wrong position on the deep route. That was never Ramsey's job to cover. You can debate the merits of saying it publicly, but sometimes that's not really a big deal. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Forge said:

I Hate a lot about Ramsey, but to be honest, I'm of the opinion it was all on Rapp. Sure, maybe Ramsey's trailing technique was not great (that seemed to be the argument on Gen), but with that route, that was never an issue. The issue was Rapp being in the wrong position on the deep route. That was never Ramsey's job to cover. You can debate the merits of saying it publicly, but sometimes that's not really a big deal. 

Never a lack of bad arguments on NFL Gen. Ramsey was trying to bait Garoppolo into another interception. Had Rapp been over the top, that play ends in a sack or a pick. I still can't believe he did that. Ramsey had outside leverage. There was no reason for him to sprint outside on that play. He gambled on the one play in that game he should have played it safe.

• Like 1