Week 16 GDT: New Orleans Saints (11-3) @ Tennesse Titans (8-6) - Will real slim Saints please stand up?

Canadian Saint

25 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I'd also mention that the next leading WR on the team is Ted Ginn who has a whopping 29 catches. Kamara and Cook have more, but as far as threats on the outside at WR, Thomas has had no other WR to really put fear into opposing DB's, which makes this feat all the more impressive since it has been easier for defenses to roll extra coverage towards Michael Thomas.

If you look at Harrison's season it was somewhat similar with Edge being his 2nd best target.  Granted Reggie Wayne I think had 60-ish catche.

56 minutes ago, Raves said:

If you look at Harrison's season it was somewhat similar with Edge being his 2nd best target.  Granted Reggie Wayne I think had 60-ish catche.

That is a huge difference though between Wayne and Ginn. Reggie Wayne demands respect from DB's as he was one of the best WR's in the NFL for several years. Ted Ginn not so much. The Colts also had Qadry ismail who was probably a bit better than Ginn.

Edited by tyler735

2 hours ago, tyler735 said:

I'd also mention that the next leading WR on the team is Ted Ginn who has a whopping 29 catches. Kamara and Cook have more, but as far as threats on the outside at WR, Thomas has had no other WR to really put fear into opposing DB's, which makes this feat all the more impressive since it has been easier for defenses to roll extra coverage towards Michael Thomas.

Can you imagine if we had another legit threat, or two? I mean, it's enough with MT and Kamara, but then you throw Cook into the mix and we're seeing the defense spread thin. Get another legit WR in there, and look out!!

• Like 3

Hope that Alonso returns soon he’s not great but has played better as he’s meshed with the D. Also I’m not quite sure why we don’t use Harris on offense more quick twitch change of direction and speed to burn. Just send him on long routes. Post, or deep crossers maybe Taysom could hit him on one. Drew not so much. I love the guy but long ball his long ball is dead.

• Like 1

I really don't like our chances without a bye. Not because I don't think we can beat someone on the road, but because we're so banged up right now and that week off could give everyone some much needed rest. Hopefully Seattle can get it done this weekend.

• Like 1

We never play good after a buy. It’s like everyone forgets what there jobs are. Are play dipped for weeks on D after the buy this year. Last 3 weeks the O has finally got it going. My fear is the penalties and the prevent D we play... If our opponent gets the ball with 2 minutes left they always seem to score and win in close games. Unless it’s a fluke play like a missed Fg or something. Every time it’s fourth and long we never get off the field at the end of games. We also don’t seem to have the 4 minute run the clock out offense we did a few years ago. Loosing Ingram hurts and now we run read option that doesn’t fool anyone.

5 hours ago, JMG5 said:

I really don't like our chances without a bye. Not because I don't think we can beat someone on the road, but because we're so banged up right now and that week off could give everyone some much needed rest. Hopefully Seattle can get it done this weekend.

We just need to win and have Seattle beat San Fran right?

On 12/22/2019 at 5:52 PM, sammymvpknight said:

I'm excited to see if CGJ can play FS. Bell is a stud at SS...and CGJ is a gamer...looks like a guy who is going to have a long future in the league. Williams CANNOT tackle. Goodness he is frustrating to watch. You won't have thought that he would have been coached up by now...still a good guy in deep coverage but man he sucks at tackling. 

Is Marcus out for some time?

It’s definitely not looking good for us without a bye.  As it stands now we’ll have to travel to Green Bay and then San Fran.

Our only hope is if Seattle somehow beats 49ers.  Or I suppose Detroit could pull off a miracle.

Either way, we have to beat Carolina who will probably play like it’s their super bowl, and it’s gonna be likely cold up there.

one thing though, as a 3 seed, if 4 or 5 seed gets an upset, we can still play the NFCCG at home, so maybe two home games still.  The way the NFC is, the wildcard teams are essentially no worse than the top seeds, so it could happen.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

Just need either the Packers or the Niners to lose. Either one losing put the Saints at #2 (as long as the Saints win)

Both losing (and Saints winning) would be even better 😁

Problem is Packers play the Lions, and 49ers probably won't get swept by the Seahawks.  

We can always hope though.

Unfortunately don't think the Packers lose as much as I want them to, but I think Seattle has a decent shot of winning. We should be able to beat the Panthers fairly easily as long as we avoid the sloppy penalties that have plagued us more often than I'd like to see this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

Problem is Packers play the Lions, and 49ers probably won't get swept by the Seahawks.  

We can always hope though.

We know that 49ers team is going to be super fired up and wanting to knock off the Seahawks in a big way, BUT, that 49ers secondary... Is it still banged up?

That could be the difference maker.

Oh, and the Packers aren't losing to the Lions.

Oh well, there are always Christmas wishes, right?

I suppose one positive, if we don't get a bye, we'll have at least some experience playing outdoors in the elements last two weeks of the season.  It was raining last Sunday and might rain again this Sunday.

Although nothing can prepare for -20 wind chill in Green Bay.