Week 16 GDT: New Orleans Saints (11-3) @ Tennesse Titans (8-6) - Will real slim Saints please stand up?

Canadian Saint

Well a win is a win, but boy was it ugly. Lets start with the good:

- MT. Record holder on a record that has lasted 17 seasons. I think his will stand for a while. Incredible talent and a really good dude. Never pouts. Never half ***** it. Always balls. Worth every penny.

- Kamara. Did the real Slim Kamara stand up? Second half he was making tacklers miss and hitting holes correctly. He's getting back to himself ladies and gents.

- Cook. Third good game in a row. Ran good routes and a threat to score due to his size and speed. He's going to be a factor come playoff time. He would've been the difference in the 49er game if he didn't go out.

- CGJ. You know those players who are always around the ball. Davis or Jordan for example. He's another one of those. Now he's not perfect, but he's got a shot to be a really good slot CB. He needs tot tighten up his coverages and angles, but his potential is terrific. He's a factor in the run game, he's got good instincts, when the game slows down for him, he'll be a stud.

- P. Rob. Has been injured for 75% of the season, comes in for an injured Apple, plays on the boundary (which he isn't his best at) and does really well. Mad props to him. If he can stay healthy, I wonder if he takes over slot CB down the stretch.

- Deonte Harris has a very legitimate chance to be one of the best returners in the game. He's got incredible ability.

Now the bad:

- Here is something I've noticed for the majority of the games defensively. We're not prepared in coverage. I don't know if it's some sort of issue coaching or watching film, but my god does this secondary suck the first half. Think back to the 49ers game too. I'm not sure if it's a preparation thing, but I swear we get good coverage and performances after the half. This has to stop. You can't let top teams have a head start in one half.

- Marcus Williams. Man I'm not sure if I want him back after his contract is up. Crap tackling, inconsistent coverage and angles. I know PFF loves him, but he's prone to giving up the big play in a number of ways. He needs to figure it out.

- Shoulder tackles. Swear to god they make me want to punch a baby. Just lazy *** ****. We do it more than other teams, and if you watch the receivers, they were prepared for it because a few of them skipped over them.

- We are missing Davenport. Hendrickson is getting better, but we'll see if Granderson can take this opportunity and run with it. We're also missing Rankins, because we were getting gashed up the middle.

- Penalties. Penalties. Penalties. God the amount of self harm we inflict on ourselves due to dumb mistakes makes me want to rip my hair out. I know we were missing both guards, but Easton has been starting for 5 weeks, Armstead is a starter, this isn't an excuse. DPI is going to be an issue in the playoffs too. Figure it out.

- We play man and over coverage, but that requires our LBers to take smart angles. they have not been doing that. The reason we're getting gashed with crossing routes is because outside Davis, our LBers aren't good enough. We missed Anzalone and Alonso today, Klein is just a liability in the passing game.

Overall, I wish this was a more convincing win. The entire season I've pointed to reasons a or b or c we need to figure out, but frankly, we're running out of weeks. This team can win the superbowl, but we keep starting slow and shooting ourselves in the foot, we're going to be one and done material. Simple as that.