HOF nominees: Broncos Edition

broncos_fan _from _uk

Now none of these guys has a really strong case but they do have broncos connection ( let's be honest probably hurts their chances)

WR: Rod Smith

OL: Chris Hinton (the centerpiece of the Elway trade), Tom Nalen

DL:  Michael Dean Perry, Neil Smith 

LB: Karl Mecklenburg

DB:  Steve Atwater, Brian Dawkins, John Lynch, Dennis Smith 

Good list Josh. 

I'd add a few names. The easiest two that come to mind are Mr. Bowlen and Randy Gradishar. Don't even get me started on the HOF passing over Mr. B again, I'll get banned from this site if I share my true feelings on that. 

There are two who are coming eligible in the next few years who are locks on the first ballot, Champ and Peyton.  

Sorry, I should clarify. This IS the list that the NFL approved today.

Gradishar should be in, but now has to fight through the senior committee.

And I think the NFL is waiting for Mr. B to die. I think that they are trying to avoid the awkwardness of him sitting there at his own induction unable to give the speech.

30 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Sorry, I should clarify. This IS the list that the NFL approved today.

Gradishar should be in, but now has to fight through the senior committee.

And I think the NFL is waiting for Mr. B to die. I think that they are trying to avoid the awkwardness of him sitting there at his own induction unable to give the speech.

Yeah that's something that's crossed my mind. I guess the induction speech would be given by Elway, right? I don't know if any of his family would want to do it, Elway is a great public speaker too. 

5 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I just LOL'd at the fact the HoF got the wrong Steve Smith nominated.  SSS from CAR/BAL retired 1 year ago, and was ineligible.  The nominator(s) didn't realize it was the NYG WR Steve Smith.  Way to go....

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/12/other-steve-smith-shockingly-nominated-pro-football-hof

That's such an absurd gaffe on so many levels, whoever nominated him should really be exposed and removed. I would be more forgiving of a silly mistake if the nomination process wasn't already so questionable (that's being kind)

Archived