Kelly released, Marcus Allen activated

3rivers

3 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Both are garbage. This doesn't move the needle for me. 

The problem I have is the potential for communication breakdowns, at least Kelly was familiar with what's going on. I have no idea about Allen in this regard and if it turns out like when burns and davis were out there :/

While not a starter, it's still important to have players all on the same page as we were all too familiar with for a few years.  

3 hours ago, 3rivers said:

The problem I have is the potential for communication breakdowns, at least Kelly was familiar with what's going on. I have no idea about Allen in this regard and if it turns out like when burns and davis were out there 

Kelly has played 1 defensive snap since week 7. Allen has been on the practice squad with this team all year. 

This is the most nothing move in the world. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Kelly has played 1 defensive snap since week 7. Allen has been on the practice squad with this team all year. 

This is the most nothing move in the world. 

Yeah, on defense this does nothing. The only positive spin on this I could muster is, maybe Allen will have a little more fire in his guts on ST than Kelly did. Kelly wasn't a bad special teams player, but maybe Allen will come in with something to prove. Or all the ST plays will go away from him and nothing will happen lol