Josh Gordon to end treatment, seek return

MWil23

9 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

I'd trade him for straight up for Diggs or Theilen from the Vikings. They have glutanie of quality receivers 

If we're gonna trade him for a player we should see if the rams want to trade trumaine johnson. I think that's pretty even. The rams get out of paying Johnson long term and they get a big time WR for goff. We get a top notch DB that knows Greg Williams. 

5 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Stefon Diggs is a borderline superstar. We aren't getting him for Gordon.

Gordon's trade value is useless. Just keep him.

Yep. The way I see it if he comes back he is still going to be a stud and we have him for two years. So he plays for us or no one 

58 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Yep. The way I see it if he comes back he is still going to be a scrub and we have him for two years. So he plays for us or no one 

FIFY..... look guys I did it I did it!  I did one of those sarcastic things that you love so much!

8 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Any truth to the rumor he could be reinstated as early as Tuesday ?

Truly, there's no way to tell.  All we know for sure is that Gordon is allowed to file (another) appeal on his suspension in the fall (which is basically now).  His previous appeal for reinstatement was back in May, and it was denied.

It's literally up to the whim of Goodell.  I would doubt that info would leak, but you never know.

An amazing talent with the ability to make amazingly stupid decisions off the field.  He's been given countless opportunities and has squandered all of them.  He needs to be banned permanently like Blackmon has.  He needs to move on with a regular life outside of the NFL and the Browns need to move on from him.  Even if he were to be reinstated, deep down inside, you know he's going to relapse again.  It is just an inevitability.

Peace!!! 

11 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Yep. The way I see it if he comes back he is still going to be a stud and we have him for two years. So he plays for us or no one 

Lots not call him a stud. When he came back from his 10 game suspension in '14 he looked nothing like a stud. Now he hasn't played in over 2years. We have no idea if he will ever return to that fluky '13 form. 

13 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

An amazing talent with the ability to make amazingly stupid decisions off the field.  He's been given countless opportunities and has squandered all of them.  He needs to be banned permanently like Blackmon has.  He needs to move on with a regular life outside of the NFL and the Browns need to move on from him.  Even if he were to be reinstated, deep down inside, you know he's going to relapse again.  It is just an inevitability.

Peace!!! 

Doesn't have to be banned, goodell can say he will never reinstate him. That would be a death sentences unless he retires or the owners go for another commish

14 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

How bout that Brock Osweiler?

.... and I am the one that received countless warnings at the old place for hijacking threads to talk about Brock :-D.

That said, I was right in the things that I said about Brock.  I said he was part of the trade, not an immediate cut or trade, check.  I said he would compete.  Check, after all he started more pre season games than any other QB.  I said that John Elway wanted to keep him but couldn't.... well he is back in Denver, so check again.  I said that Bill O' Brian screwed him up, and I was hoping that Hue could fix him (he couldn't). Elway cited coaching for Brock's struggles (while taking a shot at the Browns in the process), at what point do all of these checks become check mate?

1 hour ago, DizzyDean said:

.... and I am the one that received countless warnings at the old place for hijacking threads to talk about Brock :-D.

That said, I was right in the things that I said about Brock.  I said he was part of the trade, not an immediate cut or trade, check.  I said he would compete.  Check, after all he started more pre season games than any other QB.  I said that John Elway wanted to keep him but couldn't.... well he is back in Denver, so check again.  I said that Bill O' Brian screwed him up, and I was hoping that Hue could fix him (he couldn't). Elway cited coaching for Brock's struggles (while taking a shot at the Browns in the process), at what point do all of these checks become check mate?

you mean to tell me it was a long shot guess to say the guy they are paying 18 million for was going to stay on the roster for a minute? Congrats, Captain Obvious. Compete? There was no compete. We had a rookie QB that the organization loved, we had two second year QB's developing, we aren't going to just give one of those guys the job. So we let the one vet on the team take the majority of first team reps, which made the others work harder. Osweiler was terrible. Congrats on him getting more preseason starts than any other QB by default. Seeing as most of our starters didn't play game 4, that's such an accolade for him, and for you. He's back in Denver by default. Lynch is hurt, and bad. Siemean is average, and Elway, as great as he was as a QB, aside from Peyton Manning coming to Denver has been terrible at finding QB's. Of course he would take a shot, hes done a terrible job at the position and needs to validate something. Denver is a Super Bowl team every year if they had a capable QB.

Archived