Josh Gordon to end treatment, seek return

MWil23

2 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

you mean to tell me it was a long shot guess to say the guy they are paying 18 million for was going to stay on the roster for a minute? Congrats, Captain Obvious. Compete? There was no compete. We had a rookie QB that the organization loved, we had two second year QB's developing, we aren't going to just give one of those guys the job. So we let the one vet on the team take the majority of first team reps, which made the others work harder. Osweiler was terrible. Congrats on him getting more preseason starts than any other QB by default. Seeing as most of our starters didn't play game 4, that's such an accolade for him, and for you. He's back in Denver by default. Lynch is hurt, and bad. Siemean is average, and Elway, as great as he was as a QB, aside from Peyton Manning coming to Denver has been terrible at finding QB's. Of course he would take a shot, hes done a terrible job at the position and needs to validate something. Denver is a Super Bowl team every year if they had a capable QB.

Riddle me this Batman, if that was such an obvious thing, then why exactly was the majority on the old site saying he was an immediate cut?  What does that say about those posters if something so obvious flew right over their head?

Also, say what you will, but it was a competition.  QB is the most important position on the team, had he not been competing, he would not have gotten those first team reps, period.

Finally, there you go again, claiming that you know more about Denver Broncos management decisions than John Elway.  I would love to hear you rationalize that.

1 hour ago, DizzyDean said:

Riddle me this Batman, if that was such an obvious thing, then why exactly was the majority on the old site saying he was an immediate cut?  What does that say about those posters if something so obvious flew right over their head?

Also, say what you will, but it was a competition.  QB is the most important position on the team, had he not been competing, he would not have gotten those first team reps, period.

Finally, there you go again, claiming that you know more about Denver Broncos management decisions than John Elway.  I would love to hear you rationalize that.

He signed Brock Osweiler to come back to Denver. and Kaepernick is still a free agent. He's the second dumbest decision maker in the league, only behind the knuckleheads in Jacksonville who are sticking with Bortles when literally that team is a good QB away from being a playoff team.

I give the Gordon chances something like this

5% - Comes back and is awesome.

10% - Comes back but isn't what he once was.

10% - Comes back and we trade him.

75% - Ends up suspended again, if not immediately then within a year.

1 minute ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I give the Gordon chances something like this

5% - Comes back and is awesome.

10% - Comes back but isn't what he once was.

10% - Comes back and we trade him.

75% - Ends up suspended again, if not immediately then within a year.

Pretty good estimates.  Mine,

1% - Comes back 2013 amazing form

5% - Comes back for the Browns but is meh averages or worse

2% - Comes back, is traded, and is 2013 form

17% - Comes back, is traded, and is meh average or worse on another team

75% - Suspended again within a year.

75% he comes back as a really good #1

25% he doesn't play significant time again in the NFL

He isn't coming back as average. He could run a 5.2 40 and still be a valuable asset. He has good huge hands. He is a great athlete. By the way, he can run past people. If he were reinstated and the Browns opted to play him he would be far and away, no doubt in my mind at all the best playmaker on the offense by a fairly wide margin. I don't think that scenario will happen, he more than likely does it with another team but he isn't going to be some bum he has HOF abilities.

3 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

He isn't coming back as average. He could run a 5.2 40 and still be a valuable asset. He has good huge hands. He is a great athlete. By the way, he can run past people. If he were reinstated and the Browns opted to play him he would be far and away, no doubt in my mind at all the best playmaker on the offense by a fairly wide margin. I don't think that scenario will happen, he more than likely does it with another team but he isn't going to be some bum he has HOF abilities.

Yep. He showed it last pre season. He is on another level compared to anything else we have

5 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

His hands weren't all that good in that season he came back in post 2013 if memory serves.

10 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

He signed Brock Osweiler to come back to Denver. and Kaepernick is still a free agent. He's the second dumbest decision maker in the league, only behind the knuckleheads in Jacksonville who are sticking with Bortles when literally that team is a good QB away from being a playoff team.

Going with Brock over Keap wasn't a dumb move. Brock knows he is a back up, Brock has experience with Denver and their HC, has experience with players, and is cheaper. 

I'll give mines

30 percent he comes back better than where he was before and plays for us

40 percent he comes back and plays for us at the same level he was at

15 percent he's slightly worse 

15 percent he isn't let back in

Sashi is not going to trade JG. We've withstood the test of time. Either he is playing for us or he's not playing at all. You don't pay Hue Jackson and Al Saunders to not coach an available Josh Gordon

On 9/16/2017 at 9:05 AM, buno67 said:

Going with Brock over Keap wasn't a dumb move. Brock knows he is a back up, Brock has experience with Denver and their HC, has experience with players, and is cheaper. 

When did Brock and Vance Joseph ever cross paths on the same football team?

Archived