Goldfish Round 1 Mock

goldfishwars

On 12/21/2019 at 8:21 AM, LinderFournette said:

Jags should go derrick brown over jeudy. 

Brown would help shore up our run defense which is very poor.  Our best dt marcel dareus is due like 20 million and wont be back at that price and is coming off a season-ending injury. 

Jeudy whike is good and help our pass offense but offensively our biggest need is OL.  Cam robinson has been a disappointment this year.  Brandon linder has been bad this year and has an easy out on a contract.  Our rg spot has been a rotation and both arent very good options.  Taylor has looked a bit overwhelmed this year as a rookie rt. 

While i think simmons is good i hope the jags are cleaning house from the front office and coaches.   Jack isn't a fit at mlb.  Hes better as a wlb.  Simmons is either a wlb or ss. 

Completely agree. Until the Jags get the personnel to stop the run up the middle...they will be awful. Brown is great value at that spot...just makes too much sense. I really like Jeudy...but I think I'd take advantage of the positional depth and there should be someone pretty good there in the 2nd round.

On 12/21/2019 at 4:25 AM, goldfishwars said:

27.    Green Bay        -    Tee Higgins    [    WR    ]    Clemson

Packers haven't taken a WR in the first round since they took Javon Walker in 2002, so I don't expect that to change anytime soon.  Think you're more likely to see the Packers go OL or DL here.

Poor guy.  You put out a mock on a Saturday and by the end of Sunday the order is already been shot all to hell.

Unless you're going strictly off your own personal rankings, the Chargers pick (there's no Rams pick for me to critique so I have to make due) could likely stay the same even though (with the Cardinals beating Seattle yesterday, LAC would currently be picking 7th).  Wirfs is likely the best natural fit for their current blocking scheme, but if Lynn keeps his job (I'm fairly confident he will; Spanos is always slow to fire HC's), that doesn't mean that some of the offensive staff might not be held accountable, so offensive scheme and blocking scheme may change up some.  Thomas is no poor consolation prize by any means, and it's the right position.  Herbert doesn't have the character makeup that Telesco apparently covets and Lynn has even said, the team is actually confident in its ability to start Tyrod (could be coachspeak given when it was said they were still "in talks" with Rivers' camp about an extension).

The only thing we can be pretty damn certain of is that Telesco won't trade down... because he's never done it in the 1st round (only up, once... for a RB.. because Telesco...).

29.    New England        -    Jalen Reagor    [    WR    ]    TCU

Sorry,  Hell no! 

Pats OL is awful and it will get worse if we don't draft and fix it.  Wynn and Mason in 2020 that's it.  Cannon 100 yrs old, Joe Thuney FA gone, David Andrews (Chris Bosh) may never play again.

The 2020 draft is crazy, you hardly see talented  LTs at the end of the 1st round let alone two. You have to take one when they fall into your lap.

Austin Jackson OT, USC

Alex Leatherwood OT, Alabama

Edited by m haynes