TheVillain112

Poll  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who sucks less?

• Texans
    • Bengals
    • Tie, because Bengals are involved

8 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'm going to go 7-3 Bengals in O.T. You can figure out the only way that score happens.

I was trying to come up with some weird and wonderful combo involving safety's, but its more simple than that.

Game ends scoreless after normal time

Texans win the coin toss in OT and get a field goal on their first drive

Bengals score a walk off TD.

EDIT: I just realised even that can't happen, because the Bengals TD would be a walkoff and the extra point would not be kicked. So 7-3 in overtime is impossible. 

I'm intrigued by this game. I don't really know what to make of either team after week one. Both defenses should be good but on the offensive side is Cinci really that bad? Who's starting for Houston? What here there game plan with these QBs and is the OL really that bad? Baltimore appeared to be a pretty good team and still has a top notch defense and Jacksonville at least on paper has a fantastic defense so who knows what we see tonight. 

i know people are dogging thursday night football but there are actually some pretty good matchups this year.

Week 5: NE @ TB

Week 6: PHI @ CAR

Week 7: KC @ OAK

Week 10: SEA @ ARI

Week 11: TEN @ PIT

plus some other matchups have potential since they are with division rivals, have an elite team, etc.

3 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Everyone will get to see how bad our offensive line is. Im going with Bengals allow 6 sacks (at least)

Yeah, I watched the Jags/Texans game last night and JJ Watt should have a field day against us.  The Jags were smart enough to continually chip Watt and provide their tackles help with him.  We're not that smart.  We'll leave our terrible OLinemen one on one with Watt...

2 hours ago, paul-mac said:

I was trying to come up with some weird and wonderful combo involving safety's, but its more simple than that.

Game ends scoreless after normal time

Texans win the coin toss in OT and get a field goal on their first drive

Bengals score a walk off TD.

EDIT: I just realised even that can't happen, because the Bengals TD would be a walkoff and the extra point would not be kicked. So 7-3 in overtime is impossible. 

I have been defeated.

Good match sir.

So, my new feature for this particular game (and maybe others, who knows):

What else I should be doing other than watch this debacle!

This feature will be about one thing I should/could be doing instead of getting frustrated with the lack of discipline and ability of the Houston Texans. So...let's go!

What else should I be doing: Watching episodes of 30 Rock on Netflix!

30 Rock is a lovable comedy show that originally aired on NBC. The show revolved around the life and times of the NBC New York studio and the cast/crew of TGS, a skit comedy loosely based off of Saturday Night Live! Watch with giggles as we see the cast of TGS, Starring Tracy Jordan go through life off of the camera, with many hilarious adventures! Kenneth Parcells, Jenna Maroney, Tracy Jordan, Jack Donaughy and the lovable Liz Lemon find themselves in some whacky situations as they tackle their love lives, global warming, equality in the workplace, gender equality and finding a kidney for Jack's long lost father (played by the affable Alan Alda!)

Watch 30 Rock, tonight on Netflix! Should be more entertaining than this debacle!

729-7, Bengals.

37 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

What else I should be doing other than watch this debacle!

You should suck it up and watch football. As a Browns fan living outside of the local TV area and without Sunday ticket I watch grainy online streams of Browns games that skip and freeze and just stop working altogether. You shouldn't play like a Brown but you should root like a Brown. Also, you have a rookie QB, that should be worth the price of admission.

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

You should suck it up and watch football. As a Browns fan living outside of the local TV area and without Sunday ticket I watch grainy online streams of Browns games that skip and freeze and just stop working altogether. You shouldn't play like a Brown but you should root like a Brown. Also, you have a rookie QB, that should be worth the price of admission.

...but it's the episode where Carol (played by Matt Damon) and Liz fight each other on the plane!

Oh, all right. I guess I'll watch.

32 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

You'll watch 30 rock till Dalton throws his first pick 6

Iono, man. Watching Jason Bourne and Tina Fey fight on a grounded plane in the middle of a "30 minute" delay is pretty awesome stuff.

Trust me, I have my bachelors in Awesome. (I nearly got my minor in English Literature...)

15 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

In a seriousness, this is such a tenuous game for the Texans. They could lose a closely fought game where things are tight until the end, and the Bengals make one more play to pull it out and I'd be "satisfied" (or at the very least, not as upset as I am now).

Conversely, they could play a mistake filled game and win on some turnover or fluke play on offense (like a broken coverage TD to Strong) and I'd still be really down on the season.

I've been a fan of this team since the literal beginning - from the moment they unveiled the new logo all the way to here and now. I don't think I've ever been this discouraged by this team as I am now - and this team lost 14 games in a row a few years ago. This team nearly killed poor David Carr. 

Complete and utter failure right now, where nobody looks like they know what they're doing - on or off the field.

Archived