TheVillain112

Poll  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who sucks less?

• Texans
    • Bengals
    • Tie, because Bengals are involved

3 hours ago, whitehops said:

i know people are dogging thursday night football but there are actually some pretty good matchups this year.

Week 5: NE @ TB

Week 6: PHI @ CAR

Week 7: KC @ OAK

Week 10: SEA @ ARI

Week 11: TEN @ PIT

plus some other matchups have potential since they are with division rivals, have an elite team, etc.

Seattle/Arizona will likely be terrible

I really like this matchup. This is what I want to see in the early regular season. As close to high stakes as you can get in week 2. Two teams that have will have their seasons considered disappointments if they don't make the playoffs but one of them will end up in a bad 0-2 hole after very disappointing week 1 efforts at home to divisional rivals. Early games don't matter much for a team like the Pats who will probably get a 1 seed anyway, but borderline playoff teams could point to this game as a reason they don't make the playoffs, and that bests games like Packers-Seahawks where it's probably just about seeding/home field. 

Plus with Watson in, there are enough exciting players of both sides of the ball for each team. 

2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Plus with Watson in, there are enough exciting players of both sides of the ball for each team. 

If anything, I'm mostly excited because D'Onta Foreman looks like he's in line for a lot of touches. He really had a strong showing in the preseason, but only got one carry for four yards against the Jags. That one run was impressive in itself - he got met about a yard past the line, and bulled his way for the extra three.

Given our OL issues, getting someone who can move the pile is critical for getting yards. Not the sexiest football on the planet, but effective.

28 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

If anything, I'm mostly excited because D'Onta Foreman looks like he's in line for a lot of touches. He really had a strong showing in the preseason, but only got one carry for four yards against the Jags. That one run was impressive in itself - he got met about a yard past the line, and bulled his way for the extra three.

Given our OL issues, getting someone who can move the pile is critical for getting yards. Not the sexiest football on the planet, but effective.

If BOB watched the Bengals-Ravens game, Foreman should get a decent amount of touches.  Flacco didn't complete a pass against us in the 2nd half because they were just running it down our throats.   No Burfict either.  We still have some decent run stuffers but Foreman should get his yards unless BOB doesn't feed him...

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

If BOB watched the Bengals-Ravens game, Foreman should get a decent amount of touches.  Flacco didn't complete a pass against us in the 2nd half because they were just running it down our throats.   No Burfict either.  We still have some decent run stuffers but Foreman should get his yards unless BOB doesn't feed him...

I wouldn't put it past BOB to not feed him. In the post game after the Jags, he was asked why he didn't give the ball to Foreman. His response?

I don't know. I have to get better at that.

I appreciate the honesty, but c'mon man. If you're serving as BOTH Head Coach and OC, then don't skimp on your OC duties.

2 hours ago, mcmurtry86 said:

Seattle/Arizona will likely be terrible

It isn't only the matchups, the short week prevents teams from prepping like they would a normal week and leads to sloppy games. I loved the idea at first, but I'm just not for it any more.

4 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Well then surely you could find better things to do with your life than trolling on here? Some of us are excited to see a game tonight. 

how is it trolling, though? Had nothing to do with the teams that are playing. Let me guess, youre a fan of one of the teams, and your feelings go hurt. Sorry, bud.

Just now, Geezy said:

how is it trolling, though? Had nothing to do with the teams that are playing. Let me guess, youre a fan of one of the teams, and your feelings go hurt. Sorry, bud.

I support the Denver Broncos, "bud".

I just happen to have the disease of being a football junky and watch every game I possibly can.

Archived