TheVillain112

Poll  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who sucks less?

• Texans
    • Bengals
    • Tie, because Bengals are involved

6 hours ago, whitehops said:

i know people are dogging thursday night football but there are actually some pretty good matchups this year.

Week 5: NE @ TB

Week 6: PHI @ CAR

Week 7: KC @ OAK

Week 10: SEA @ ARI

Week 11: TEN @ PIT

plus some other matchups have potential since they are with division rivals, have an elite team, etc.

The matchups are typically an issue, but the bigger problems are the vanilla gameplans resulting in a watered down product. 

3 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I don't think I've ever been this discouraged by this team as I am now - and this team lost 14 games in a row a few years ago. 

A hikers fall from the top of a mountain (or at least, on his way up) is longer than a fall up the first few steps. 

I think there should be lots of optimism, though. Obviously a potential franchise QB, the defense will probably be really good for a while longer, superstar WR locked up, Foreman (who I think will be a star), etc. The OL needs work, which shouldn't be surprising given the lack of resources dedicated to the group. If I were a Texans fan, I wouldn't feel any worse now than I would the last few years. At least now they have a young player at the QB position to look forward to. 

14 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

A hikers fall from the top of a mountain (or at least, on his way up) is longer than a fall up the first few steps. 

I think there should be lots of optimism, though. Obviously a potential franchise QB, the defense will probably be really good for a while longer, superstar WR locked up, Foreman (who I think will be a star), etc. The OL needs work, which shouldn't be surprising given the lack of resources dedicated to the group. If I were a Texans fan, I wouldn't feel any worse now than I would the last few years. At least now they have a young player at the QB position to look forward to. 

I'll admit a lot of my reaction is of the knee jerk variety (I AM a Drama Queen, after all) but the underlying reason for my disdain is knowing that - no matter how this turns out - Rick Smith is still going to be the GM of this team. 

The "problems" start at the dearth of talent in the FO, and the the Godfather of the owners' grandson isn't going anywhere.

This is another Pagano/Grigson situation, and this time - Grigson is going to win, with no real avenue for him to lose.

8 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Everyone will get to see how bad our offensive line is. Im going with Bengals allow 6 sacks (at least)

Yeah they were terrible, but they weren't so bad as to allow pressure so easily that it fooled the rushing DT into thinking it was a screen pass when it wasn't icon_lol.gif

6 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Yeah they were terrible, but they weren't so bad as to allow pressure so easily that it fooled the rushing DT into thinking it was a screen pass when it wasn't icon_lol.gif

Allen pulled to sell the playfake, Martin simply didn't get to the gap. Horrible play design.

Color Rush!

Texans didn't wear the Color Rush jerseys last season - forgot why, but should be interesting to see the new duds.

The local media (not even the sports media, the regular news anchors) are right now making fun of O'Brien and his QB carousel.

Archived