NFL Week 16 non Vikings GDT

SteelKing728

2 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

There’s pretty much no scenario, short of winning the division, where we’d have a home playoff game, right? 

That’s the value of winning ones division. Wildcard teams shouldn’t get that benefit. Hopefully MN can win out and get some help from Detroit.

6 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

There’s pretty much no scenario, short of winning the division, where we’d have a home playoff game, right? 

Let’s say Seattle and New Orleans finish 1 and 2, getting the bye. Green Bay is 3, Dallas 4, Minnesota 5, and San Francisco 6. 

Minnesota beats Dallas, San Francisco beats Green Bay. Then Minnesota beats New Orleans and San Francisco beats Seattle. 

NFCCG: San Francisco @ Minnesota

• Like 2

With the SF win, the only way the Vikings can get the #5 seed is if Seattle loses to both Arizona and SF, right? Given that, it seems to me the Vikings are pretty much locked into the #6 seed if they don't win the NFC North.

So then, if things remain equal between Green Bay and New Orleans the Vikings would be going to New Orleans. I would much rather be playing the Packers in the playoffs. That means beating the Packers on Monday to bump New Orleans back into the #2 seed positioning.

I see no scenarios where beating the Packers is not a great thing.  Getting to do it twice in three weeks would be even sweeter. With help from the Lions, the Vikings can end up as the three seed and host the #6 seed Packers. Sending the Packers out of the playoffs by beating them twice in a three game losing streak is a possibility that excites me.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, solidvikingfan said:

Seattle has been terrible lately really makes me upset we lost to them.

They're growing on my list of teams I'd want to play in the playoffs. Maybe right behind the NFC East winner (Philly)

1. Philly/Dallas: for obvious reasons
2a. Seattle: Missing their top-3 running backs. Not overly impressive of late. Getting hit hard by injuries (RBs and OT)
2b. Green Bay: Yet to be convinced they're a team worthy of their record
3. 49ers: Not entirely frightened by them but probably the most well-rounded team
4. Saints: A weird team that has trailed off the past 3-4 weeks but don't like playing in SuperDome and Michael Thomas is scary.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228

3 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

If Seattle loses to San Francisco and we win out, and then GB defeats Detroit, does that mean that we still get the 5th seed?

It looks like we would have the 5th seed in that situation.  Here is a link to ESPN's Playoff Machine.  It's a pretty cool way to look at different scenarios.  Just plug in the wins/losses for each team and it will give you the results. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

9 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

It looks like we would have the 5th seed in that situation.  Here is a link to ESPN's Playoff Machine.  It's a pretty cool way to look at different scenarios.  Just plug in the wins/losses for each team and it will give you the results. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Even though I am very confident that we will defeat Green Bay, I feel like most of us are assuming a win there. I just hope we don't jinx it. 

We should be big 49er fans then. I think we can beat New Orleans. That game will go one of two ways. We either barely win or the Saints crush us.

Edited by Torchezim