Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
showtime

Week 2: San Francisco 49ers @ Seattle Seahawks

Recommended Posts

The 49ers travel up to Seattle to take on the Seahawks this Sunday at 4:25pm est.  I do not want to call this game a must win, but it kind of feels that way for me.  The 49ers were pegged as being one of the worst teams in the league coming into this season, so if the Seahawks lose to them and fall to 0-2, I think the team is in major trouble.  I honestly do not see the Seahawks having much of a tough time winning this one, especially since it is at home; however, the 49ers are a feisty bunch and this is a divisional game - so I think both teams will bring their A game. 

Outside of getting a win, I really want to see the offensive line preform better.  Without them, the offense will struggle all season.  I also would like to see more plays designed for Russell Wilson to run around, which would help open up the offense and make opposing defenses play on their heels.  Defensively, I do not have any concerns and I think the Seahawks will give the Niners offense a lot of problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got both Rawls and Chris Carson in a non-PPR league, which one should I start?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, animaltested said:

Only thing I care about is seeing the offensive line play better.

We generated like 8 pressures against Carolina the entire game. So I think you'll get your wish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Forge said:

We generated like 8 pressures against Carolina the entire game. So I think you'll get your wish. 

Nothing is guaranteed with this group. They made the Packers d-line look better than the  '85 Bears AND '02 Buccaneers... combined.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2017 at 11:16 AM, Forge said:

We generated like 8 pressures against Carolina the entire game. So I think you'll get your wish. 

Like @animaltested stated, the Seahawks offensive line is unpredictable, but just mostly really bad.  I expect the 49ers to get much more than just eight pressures today.  Are there any players in particular for the Niners you are really excited about, so we can all keep an eye on them?  I'm really looking forward to watching Soloman Thomas play.  Hopefully he develops into a great player for you guys.  I'm also a huge NaVorro Bowman fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, showtime said:

Like @animaltested stated, the Seahawks offensive line is unpredictable, but just mostly really bad.  I expect the 49ers to get much more than just eight pressures today.  Are there any players in particular for the Niners you are really excited about, so we can all keep an eye on them?  I'm really looking forward to watching Soloman Thomas play.  Hopefully he develops into a great player for you guys.  I'm also a huge NaVorro Bowman fan.

The line is interesting as a whole outside of mitchell. Buckner is a strong interior rusher, maybe the best guy on the line. Armstead has limited experience in two years, but when he plays, he's been very efficient. Interesting to watch because he's dropped 20 pounds this year and we moved him to LEO. So you can see how he does there. Thomas of course was a top 3 pick, but his run defense is more his game right now rather than rushing the passer, so its not super exciting yet. But good to watch from a growth perspective

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Forge said:

The line is interesting as a whole outside of mitchell. Buckner is a strong interior rusher, maybe the best guy on the line. Armstead has limited experience in two years, but when he plays, he's been very efficient. Interesting to watch because he's dropped 20 pounds this year and we moved him to LEO. So you can see how he does there. Thomas of course was a top 3 pick, but his run defense is more his game right now rather than rushing the passer, so its not super exciting yet. But good to watch from a growth perspective

Awesome.  The Niners defensive line vs the Seahawks offensive line seems like a match-up that could really be in favor of the Niners.  If the Seahawks have trouble passing the football, they might need to run it a lot more - even use Wilson's mobility to escape some of the pressure he will receive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, showtime said:

Awesome.  The Niners defensive line vs the Seahawks offensive line seems like a match-up that could really be in favor of the Niners.  If the Seahawks have trouble passing the football, they might need to run it a lot more - even use Wilson's mobility to escape some of the pressure he will receive.

The only problem is that we don't have that "pure closer" as a defensive pass rusher. There's no Aldon Smith like we had in the past. No Von Miller. I think that really hurts the team. Individually, they can be really interesting to watch, but I think as a unit, they are still trying to come together and fit cohesively. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Forge said:

The only problem is that we don't have that "pure closer" as a defensive pass rusher. There's no Aldon Smith like we had in the past. No Von Miller. I think that really hurts the team. Individually, they can be really interesting to watch, but I think as a unit, they are still trying to come together and fit cohesively. 

How is the Niners offensive line and how do you project that group going up against the Seahawks front seven?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, showtime said:

How is the Niners offensive line and how do you project that group going up against the Seahawks front seven?

They are awful. You guys are going to have a field day, particularly on the interior. The tackles are okay in pass protection. Staley is still a competent LT, and Trent Brown is probably one of the better pass protecting RTs, though most have no idea who he is. The interior play is just horrific though. We could have the worst guards in football. We are starting Tomlinson today rather than Beadles, which can only be an improvement i would guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Forge said:

They are awful. You guys are going to have a field day, particularly on the interior. The tackles are okay in pass protection. Staley is still a competent LT, and Trent Brown is probably one of the better pass protecting RTs, though most have no idea who he is. The interior play is just horrific though. We could have the worst guards in football. We are starting Tomlinson today rather than Beadles, which can only be an improvement i would guess. 

Sounds like both offensive lines may struggle today.  Maybe the defenses will end up scoring more points than the offenses will =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going crazy watching this O struggle against solid DL's like GB. I've been clamoring for the screen game for years now. That is how you offset a pass rush and cover for a terrible OL. Why we were passing inside the 20 vs GB resulting in a fumble? Not 20/20.  It's  just poor coaching and not knowing your personnel or being delusional. Probably a combo of both.

Roll the line strong side and screen back to the weak side. Screen, Screen, Screen and I'm not talking bubble screen to WR's either.

On D, how about more safety blitzes from Kam? 

I'm tired of blaming our coaching staff, but our game plans are some of the worst in football. Directv allows me to watch and record many games.

Until we make game plan changes, we're going to struggle as we face many front 7's that will get after RW. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two dropped TD's on both drives into the redzone. Run blocking still looking like trash. Not at all the start most were hoping. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rough start so far.  It would help a great deal if the Seahawks offense could just get into the endzone.  Maybe that will make guys relax a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×