Prediction: We will win ourselves out of the 1st pick

SmittyBacall

Do we blow it?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do we blow it?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Almost, we win 1 of the final 2 games and cause unneeded stress for Bengals fans.

People are already talking like Burrow is already in stripes, like it isn't very possible we win these very winnable final two games. I don't buy it. In fact, I think there is a very good chance we blow this and win in Miami and home versus Cleveland. The truth is we've been playing much better since the bye. We went toe-to-toe with New England for a half before we imploded, could have very well beat the Browns in Cleveland, and dismantled a hot Jets team. We're favoured in Miami, and will probably be close to favoured at home next week. Safe to say, I'm nervous. As you all already know, if we get to 3 wins and tie another team at 3-13 we are screwed on the tie-breaker.

I don't know if I truly believe it, or am just lessening the blow in case it does happen, but I'm scared. I'm too lazy to go into the remaining schedule of the other 3-11 teams at the moment. There are other factors to consider like the Patriots resting their starters vs Miami etc. But regardless, chances are at least one of Washington, New York, or Miami finish the year with 3 wins, booting us out of the first slot. In classic Bengals fashion, I think we win the final two games and lose out on Burrow. 

Am I putting too much faith in a bad Bengals team to win? Are we underestimating how inept this franchise is to win these final two meaningless games and miss out on the top pick?

I want to lose so bad today. If Andy can do one last nice thing for us, it would be to toss another 4 picks and secure the top pick. Thank you.

Nope.

Lots of things to consider.  The Dolphins are playing hard.  they like Tua anyway.

The refs are always a factor.  Do you think the league would like to see an Ohio-born kid walk on at OSU, become a graduate transfer at a national powerhouse, win the Heisman and show up in Cincy?  I do.  Plus, with Burrow, we are out of the Lawrence sweepstakes, and you know the league wants him in a huge market after the 2021 draft.  So enter the idiots in stripes.  And the red headed QB in stripes, who will throw four more second half INTs today.  He's the only player who needs to be in on the tank, and last week in the second half he did just that, intentional or not.

12 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

No one will convince me that Dalton is not throwing this game.  Boyd was WIDE OPEN along the sideline.  He threw the last drive away straight to the LB with Someone cutting out of the slot.  early in the game he ran straight into a sack on third and short.

The players aren't in on it. Dalton is just playing that bad.

2 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

How is Dalton in on it, though? Why would he when he's playing for his next contract elsewhere? It makes zero sense.

Look at how many wide open receivers he misses.  Last week, he threw four picks, three of them straight to Pats players.  Maybe he wants out so badly that he is helping get his replacement, so he can be traded.  maybe Mike Brown left some extra cash in that Christmas card.  Who knows.  But he looks to me like he isn't trying to win at all.  The rest of them are playing.  Mixon looks slow, but apparently has the flu.

6 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Look at how many wide open receivers he misses.  Last week, he threw four picks, three of them straight to Pats players.  Maybe he wants out so badly that he is helping get his replacement, so he can be traded.  maybe Mike Brown left some extra cash in that Christmas card.  Who knows.  But he looks to me like he isn't trying to win at all.  The rest of them are playing.  Mixon looks slow, but apparently has the flu.

This is literal crazy talk. He's playing bad because he is bad.

4 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

This is literal crazy talk. He's playing bad because he is bad.

He is bad, but he also literally threw to Uzpomah on the 2 pt conversion while he was laying on the ground out of bounds.  He is bad, but not that stupid.  

We all see what we want.  I may be wrong, but looking at it it's not crazy