Prediction: We will win ourselves out of the 1st pick

SmittyBacall

Do we blow it?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do we blow it?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Almost, we win 1 of the final 2 games and cause unneeded stress for Bengals fans.

2 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Not even.  We couldn't move the ball in overtime.  He flashes, then can't crest the pinnacle.  

There's too much out his control in a football game to assume he'd have the chance to even throw overtime. The defense could have made a play, etc. If Dalton was actually throwing the game he would have biffed a two point conversion. Not taken it OT. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, theJ said:

There's too much out his control in a football game to assume he'd have the chance to even throw overtime. The defense could have made a play, etc. If Dalton was actually throwing the game he would have biffed a two point conversion. Not taken it OT. 

I mean, he could have handed it off to Mixon in OT and watched him house it. 

There's just no way someone in the position to tank, with the incentive to tank, wouldnt have taken the sure fire tank move when presented. 

Dalton wasn't tanking. He's just not a great QB. 

Just now, theJ said:

I mean, he could have handed it off to Mixon in OT and watched him house it. 

There's just no way someone in the position to tank, with the incentive to tank, wouldnt have taken the sure fire tank move when presented. 

Dalton wasn't tanking. He's just not a great QB. 

I said the original comment tongue in cheek.  Guess no one saw it that way. 

But here's the thing.  Name one meaningful play Dalton made that would have given this team the lead at any point in this game?  I can't think of one.  At no point did he ever influence  the outcome in our favor.  We never had the lead.  When the game was seemingly out of reach, he flips the switch.  16 points in 30-odd seconds.  Even then we never were close to ever taking the lead.  As hot as he was in the fourth, he literally fell in a hole again in OT.  And the pattern is predictable.  Last week, we move the ball at will the first half, but he hits how many INTs in the second half?  That was like a half season's worth for him just a few scant years ago.  

Of course it's Andy.  Streaky.  But looking at it closely, it just looks like he is in on the tank.  Because his hot streaks do nothing to jeopardize that top pick, which I'm totally fine with.

25 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

I said the original comment tongue in cheek.  Guess no one saw it that way. 

But here's the thing.  Name one meaningful play Dalton made that would have given this team the lead at any point in this game?  I can't think of one.  At no point did he ever influence  the outcome in our favor.  We never had the lead.  When the game was seemingly out of reach, he flips the switch.  16 points in 30-odd seconds.  Even then we never were close to ever taking the lead.  As hot as he was in the fourth, he literally fell in a hole again in OT.  And the pattern is predictable.  Last week, we move the ball at will the first half, but he hits how many INTs in the second half?  That was like a half season's worth for him just a few scant years ago.  

Of course it's Andy.  Streaky.  But looking at it closely, it just looks like he is in on the tank.  Because his hot streaks do nothing to jeopardize that top pick, which I'm totally fine with.

I think personally it's a difference of having something to play for vs not (from a team perspective). He's a lot sharper when the team is competitive around him. When they're bad, he's even worse. If that makes sense. 

10 hours ago, theJ said:

I think personally it's a difference of having something to play for vs not (from a team perspective). He's a lot sharper when the team is competitive around him. When they're bad, he's even worse. If that makes sense. 

It all goes back to Marvin and big games.  Bulock does the same thing too. Rotund Randy started it with the chip shot miss on Christmas night in Houston a few years ago.  It's not unlike Dallas under Garrett.  They shrink in big games and try to outsmart their opponents instead of just playing to their strengths.  Like last night, Zeke had like 45 yards or something.  And on fourth down with the season on the line, you hear Garrett trying to explain why they rotated Amari Cooper out of the game.  Same thing as Marvin using Green as a decoy in the Houston game their second year in the playoffs with him.

Dalton can't pee in a crowd (under pressure).  He shrivels up.  It's why I said I couldn't be convinced he wasn't in on the tank, as opposed to actually throwing the game.  Bad Andy seems to show up at convenient times lately

• Like 1

I came in here after Dalton calling out Bengal fans for being happy with a loss to Miami and bring completely serious calling them “fake fans”. Really Andy? How bitter. Was gonna wish him success but not now. If you are ONE LOSS away from landing a true Franchise QB, you are happy with the loss. Period. Dalton went from a semi-hero who will be missed to a villain in one day. 

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I came in here after Dalton calling out Bengal fans for being happy with a loss to Miami and bring completely serious calling them “fake fans”. Really Andy? How bitter. Was gonna wish him success but not now. If you are ONE LOSS away from landing a true Franchise QB, you are happy with the loss. Period. Dalton went from a semi-hero who will be missed to a villain in one day. 

Nah. I get the sentiment from the players perspective, and honestly wouldn't respect a player who was happy with a loss in any scenario. 

I wish Dalton all the best wherever he ends up next year. 

• Like 1