Prediction: We will win ourselves out of the 1st pick

SmittyBacall

Do we blow it?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do we blow it?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Almost, we win 1 of the final 2 games and cause unneeded stress for Bengals fans.

1 minute ago, INbengalfan said:

He is bad, but he also literally threw to Uzpomah on the 2 pt conversion while he was laying on the ground out of bounds.  He is bad, but not that stupid.  

We all see what we want.  I may be wrong, but looking at it it's not crazy 

This is the QB who throws it away going for it on 4th down. He is that bad. This team is that bad.

Seriously though, play the scenario out in your head. What did the FO and coaching staff do? Sit Andy down and say "Look Andy, we know you're upset we're replacing you, and we know you won't be here next year, but we really need you to forego your self-interest and do us a huge favour and deliberately stink it up these final few games. Could you do that for us?" And then Andy says "Sure no problem!". 

If you want to say the coaching staff is in on the tank, and putting Andy is a position to fail. Sure. I'd argue they are. But the players, including Andy? There's no way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

This is the QB who throws it away going for it on 4th down. He is that bad. This team is that bad.

Seriously though, play the scenario out in your head. What did the FO and coaching staff do? Sit Andy down and say "Look Andy, we know you're upset we're replacing you, and we know you won't be here next year, but we really need you to forego your self-interest and do us a huge favour and deliberately stink it up these final few games. Could you do that for us?" And then Andy says "Sure no problem!". 

If you want to say the coaching staff is in on the tank, and putting Andy is a position to fail. Sure. I'd argue they are. But the players, including Andy? There's no way.

I'd absolutely believe the coaches are in on it.  

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

No one will convince me that Dalton is not throwing this game.  Boyd was WIDE OPEN along the sideline.  He threw the last drive away straight to the LB with Someone cutting out of the slot.  early in the game he ran straight into a sack on third and short.

He's probably the guy with the most to lose by throwing a game. Unless he's literally shaving points or something, which is not something Andy Dalton would ever do. 

I think you're wrong. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

And just like that, Dalton looks sharp, as he will again next week.  If we carve up the Browns, anyone else willing to at least consider it\?

Not Dalton, no. If they come out guns blazin', which they now have the freedom to do, it will be on the coaching staff.