Week 16 GDT: Jaguars @ Falcons

.Buzz

32 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

I get all that I ask you these questions and I’ll leave it be.. 

-Has anything over the past 2 months changed scheme wise?

-Has the play of any player on the roster had a significant uptick since the team was 4-4?

I like Doug a lot.. one of the things that he did when he first took over you could see he took keen detail to game planning. You can look at the game when he originally took over and he got his first victory the way he game planned that game by implementing the screen game. That was a part of the game we never put on film that year if we did we rarely used it. But the way you can tell they prepared it all week the way they executed the plays that they hadn’t ran much all year to execute in the fashion they did was genius. We are no longer putting together great game plans and that’s the problem,  it’s starting to look a lot like the Gus lead teams. Same dumb penalties every week.. same mental mistakes.. by the same people.. the game plan looks the same every week.. the players look the same every week.. but the players love their coach. Ok, cool I liked Gus too it didn’t look right last year either he’s lost 20 of his last 27 games. You scored 12 points against the same defense you see everyday. Dan Quinn is what Doug should have been out of the bye.. Doug has the 3rd easiest schedule coming out the bye. Did he have Coughlin going against him yes but do not gloss over the things he had going in his favor either. He’s been beat by double digits 5 straight weeks he got the team skull drug by double digits, and 3 possible 4 of those teams gon be home with us. I’m just sayin.

No, I'm not saying everything is going to magically be fixed or we should keep everyone but I will say that our window likely closed way faster than it should have because of Tom and his QB routes he took while not getting the obvious backup plan behind Blake.

I'd prefer to move on, but I also do understand why they may be kept. Marrone prior to Coughlins hands getting on the roster got an AFCCG appearence out of Bortles. He's done ok here in an awful situation and did the same on Buffalo with a Kyle Orton led team.

Edited by .Buzz