Moretti's bored at work mock 12/22/19

moretti19

4 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

I personally really like this offseason. This would give the offense the players it needs to be successful (legitimately, we only have 1 top 75 draft pick contributing at skilled positions).   I know people will hate on this for not taking an IDL early, but I get it. We really only use 2,, with another year of development you have to think Gary will play the Datone Jones Elephant end role,  Lowry and Lancaster aren't terrible, and you have to hope for a Keke or Adams contribution as well with more development.

Problem being, we don't have 2 IDL ... Lowry and Lancaster aren't even average anyway you look at it.  M. Adams has been given every chance on the defensive line and hasn't done squat.   I don't mind getting some skilled players on offense but we sure could use at least 1 IDL.

31 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Problem being, we don't have 2 IDL ... Lowry and Lancaster aren't even average anyway you look at it.  M. Adams has been given every chance on the defensive line and hasn't done squat.   I don't mind getting some skilled players on offense but we sure could use at least 1 IDL.

If you check the grades they are average, just not impact. Lancaster is a plus run defender

3 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

If you check the grades they are average, just not impact. Lancaster is a plus run defender

You can get plus run defenders at Home Depot. 

Getting no juice from your 3 and 5 techs is just going to kill a defense. You can't have guys getting 1 v 1 pass rushing matchups who aren't a threat.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You can get plus run defenders at Home Depot. Getting no juice from your 3 and 5 techs is just going to kill a defense. You can't have guys getting 1 v 1 pass rushing matchups who aren't a threat.

Is there a top DL talent that will be there when we draft?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

But they still can't stop the run and offer no pressure whatsoever. If you are happy with that ... so be it. I'm not; our defense is nothing special talent wise in the middle except for Clark and it shows. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Top? No. Brown is the only blue chip IDL in this draft and he'll be long gone by the 20s. But there are a couple of solid options that should be available who can probably help us.

Okay...thanks. Just collecting names at this juncture.
The draft's out over the horizon....and we've got a SB to win beforehand :)

17 minutes ago, moretti19 said:

Having a explosive offense will make our defensive line better. 

And when Green is out for the year by week 10 and the rookie isn't getting the ball thrown to him because he accidentally used the entree fork instead of the salad fork at the team dinner, we're going to have the same problem.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

And when Green is out for the year by week 10 and the rookie isn't getting the ball thrown to him because he accidentally used the entree fork instead of the salad fork at the team dinner, we're going to have the same problem.

:)

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Your a cup half full type of person?

• Like 1