WEEK 17 GDT - @SEATTLE

N4L

So Vikings are locked into the 6th seed. Best they can do is 11-5. If SEA wins they're 12-4, ties they're 11-4-1, loses they're 11-5. So they'll either have a better record or the tiebreaker. Niners are 12-3 and can't be caught by the 10-5 vikings. 

As far as the Eagles/Cowboys go....if we're facing them, we want the weaker opponent. If we're not, we want the Seahawks to have the stronger opponent. Its one game and anything can happen, but i think we can beat both. 

So for week 17, i'm not concerned with the Vikings, or the winner of the NFCE (Eagles/Cowboys)

Most likely we win and are #1, or lose and are #5. There's also a small possibility we tie with Seattle, go 12-3-1, and win the division. If GB/NO both win they would be 13-3, which means we'd be the #3 seed and face the Vikings at home on WC weekend. If GB/NO both lose and are 12-4, at 12-3-1 we'd  be the #1 seed. If we lose and are 12-4 we're the #5 seed. If we win than we're #1, simple

So even though a tie is a small possibility...to cover all our bases we should root for the Panthers over Saints and Lions over Packers. NO/GB are on the road and week 17 with nothing to lose, both the Panthers/Lions might pull out all their tricks. But its likely both the Saints/Packers win

Of course if we win Sunday....we don't have to worry about anyone else. Fate is in our hands

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1

Just now, Dub_City30 said:

Quick question and off topic im having a debate on twitter on what means to streatch the field. Is streatching a field top to bottom or side to side, I see it as someone who could take the top of the defense. 

It's referring to taking the top off the defense in order to back up the safeties and open up the middle of the field. However, it is equally important to hit the outs and sidelines, otherwise you are facing a lot more defensive players in a congested part of the field. An example of the importance of hitting outs and sidelines is what happened to Rapp on the 3rd and 16 bomb to Sanders.

However, the phrase 'stretch the field' is referring to length, not width. 

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

It's referring to taking the top off the defense in order to back up the safeties and open up the middle of the field. However, it is equally important to hit the outs and sidelines, otherwise you are facing a lot more defensive players in a congested part of the field. An example of the importance of hitting outs and sidelines is what happened to Rapp on the 3rd and 16 bomb to Sanders.

However, the phrase 'stretch the field' is referring to length, not width. 

Thank you!! The guy is telling me a slant route streatches the field lol

2 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

There's also a small possibility we tie with Seattle, go 12-3-1, and win the division. If GB/NO both win they would be 13-3, which means we'd be the #3 seed and face the Vikings at home on WC weekend.

I said on the podcast that we were locked into either the #1 or #5 seed, but I completely forgot to factor in the possibility of a tie. This is great additional info I hadn't considered. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dub_City30 said:

Thank you!! The guy is telling me a slant route streatches the field lol

A slant?? That makes even less sense to me. It's an in-breaking route into the teeth of the defense. It'd be one thing to consider an out or corner route, but a slant?

A slant becomes available AFTER you've stretched the field and backed up the safeties. 

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

A slant?? That makes even less sense to me. It's an in-breaking route into the teeth of the defense. It'd be one thing to consider an out or corner route, but a slant?

A slant becomes available AFTER you've stretched the field and backed up the safeties. 

Exactly lol I need to stay off twitter. I told him Deebo is a solid #2 who doesnt streatch the field then tells me a slant route is streatching the field lol. 

1 hour ago, Dub_City30 said:

Exactly lol I need to stay off twitter. I told him Deebo is a solid #2 who doesnt streatch the field then tells me a slant route is streatching the field lol. 

Lol how has Deebo already been slotted as a solid #2?

9 minutes ago, sherm said:

Lol how has Deebo already been slotted as a solid #2?

How has he not? 4th most receiving yards as a rookie in team history (12 yards from #2). Over 800 yards from scrimmage and 5 TDs in a very complicated offense that is notoriously tough on rookies. I'd say that is good reason to slot him as a solid #2.

Unless you are implying that he can still become a #1 in the future so it's too early to label him a #2. In that case, I agree.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

How has he not? 4th most receiving yards as a rookie in team history (12 yards from #2). Over 800 yards from scrimmage and 5 TDs in a very complicated offense that is notoriously tough on rookies. I'd say that is good reason to slot him as a solid #2.

Unless you are implying that he can still become a #1 in the future so it's too early to label him a #2. In that case, I agree.

Pretty sure he is referring to the latter and thinks it is too early to say Deebo is only a #2. And I also agree with that. He cleans up his drops then no reason he cannot be a #1 going forward. 

• Like 2

Thinking about Marshawn lynch and how he helps them... its in pass protection.

Their OL is crap. He is big and strong but his cardio probably isn't where it needs to be. Running him a lot will wear him in out, but having him pass block where he can be mostly stationary and use his size/strength wouldn't do that as much. 

That's where running back injuries hurt you the most, pass protection. Its easy to find someone to come carry the ball but having a RB you trust to come pick up blitzes is something else. 

So, with that being said, if I was seattle I would put lynch in play #1, go play action and throw the ball deep to Metcalf on the left side against spoon. everyone would be expecting the run with lynch in there.

I am also very worried about the bubble screen game to Metcalf against spoon considering how horrible he is at tackling. Metcalf has his warts, but he is a very good deep threat and is big/strong and is therefore a good person to throw bubble screens to against a corner who cant tackle. would be an easy 5+ yards every time.