WEEK 17 GDT - @SEATTLE

N4L

11 hours ago, showtime said:

I mean, Seattle didn't have nearly all of their defensive starters today.  If this game actually mattered in terms of winning the division, I'm sure those guys would have played.

Look up the definition of "excuse" in the dictionary please. You'll find that it matches this response.

The Seahawks were still playing for a first round bye and possibly homefield advantage throughout the playoffs if the Saints lost. Now if the Packers win out, the best the Seahawks could do is host the Vikings in the first round. They had plenty to play for yesterday and crapped the bed, same as the 49ers did against the Falcons. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

The Seahawks losing is so frustrating. If we could have just beat the Falcons, the #1 seed would have been ours. We could have rested anyone who needed it.

Instead, one more grueling week ahead. 

Can't take any team for granted....Seahawks lose to the Cards, Saints lose to the Falcons, Packers lose to the Chargers, Vikings lose to the Bears, we lose to the Falcons. All the top NFC contenders have that 1 baffling loss

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, John232 said:

Seattle fans popping of about injuries..they’ve been hurt but we’ve been through a god damn nightmare. Since the first game we’ve been beat to ****.

I feel for the fans, because we as fans of the 49ers have dealt with it so much so I can relate, but have no sympathy for the situation since again, we've been largely dealing with this all season lol. 

It's a weird dividing line for me. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, John232 said:

Seattle fans popping of about injuries..they’ve been hurt but we’ve been through a god damn nightmare. Since the first game we’ve been beat to ****.

I will never have any sympathies for that fanbase

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, N4L said:

I will never have any sympathies for that fanbase

I don't have sympathy for any fanbase dealing with injuries personally. Injuries are a part of the game. That's why roster building is SOOOOO important beyond your starters.

I've been saying it for years but the NFL needs to expand the 53. Its long past due. The game is safer overall but players are so much faster and explosive with their movements than before. Non-contact injuires are more prevelant. Expand rosters to 56-58 players, shorten the PS to around 7-8 guys and have 50 active on gamedays...just my 2 cents.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

The Seahawks losing is so frustrating. If we could have just beat the Falcons, the #1 seed would have been ours. We could have rested anyone who needed it.

Instead, one more grueling week ahead. 

Even with the banged up hawks, what's the odds of them losing two at home in a row? But then again what's the odds of them continuing to beat the 49ers at home? All the drama is here and this is Jimmy's first game there and it may just be their time to do it. 

More than the Seahawks injuries, I just don't like how tired the D is looking. No pressure, barely any turnovers, and the secondary is now suspect. I'd obviously feel a lot better going into this game with the D being on fire. 

Anyway, I'll be a mess for three hours watching this thing....5th seed is gonna be tough. Even if they make it to the championship they are gonna be spent. 

Jimmy though does have that "clutch" gene though so Im praying. 

If they don't win...the 49ers may just have "the yips" when it comes to Seattle. 

Edited by 49ers2015

I'm not sure if the Vikings beating the Packers last night would have helped your cause, but we were obviously no help to you.  Sorry about that, Niners fans.  I guess it goes down to the old adage: "if you want to get something done, you have to do it yourself."  I still think the Niners are the class of the NFC, when healthy, and I'll be cheering for you in this one.  Best of luck!

19 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

*Hate it obviously...Not love it....We can't handle their crowd as it is, but then add in Beast Mode returning? Uh oh, we better get off to a fast start to quiet the crowd noise. 

The crowd is definitely going to get a lift with the return of Marshawn, but my guess is that his "Mode" probably isn't all that "Beastly" anymore.  His return is a storyline heading into the game, but if that's what the Seahawks are down to at the RB position, I like the 49ers chances.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'm not sure if the Vikings beating the Packers last night would have helped your cause, but we were obviously no help to you.  Sorry about that, Niners fans.  I guess it goes down to the old adage: "if you want to get something done, you have to do it yourself."  I still think the Niners are the class of the NFC, when healthy, and I'll be cheering for you in this one.  Best of luck!

The Vikings winning would not have helped our cause, but the Vikings losing did ensure that we can't be the 6th seed. So...thanks for helping as best you could!