WEEK 17 GDT - @SEATTLE

N4L

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

So did we officially 'retire' the black unis?? Not that I would be mad or anything....I thought they were a eye sore tbh. But I don't recall us wearing them all year...

Hope so. I like black, but so did not like to see that black 49ers uni. 

I hope the Seacucks are not then going to wear that putrid greenish uni. 

• Like 5

I usually do a Full 15 Minute Quarters CPU vs CPU of all playoff games in Franchise Mode in Madden with the exact playoff teams. 

However, with Seattle/SF being so important, I did that game as well. 

Seattle looked great on the first drive and went up 7-0. Wilson tore them apart. 

Niners stalled. 

Seattle looked great again and Wilson just masterful. Stall around 7 yard line for a easy FG. 10-0 Seattle. 

49ers Defensive Line now starts to obliterate them. I’ve never seen a DLine just destroy so bad in Madden. Wilson gets stripped and Niners Fumble Recovery TD. 10-7 Niners. 

Seattle stalls next drive. 

Entire 1st quarter and a half Niner Offense looks miserable but with 5 mins left in 2nd half they start dominating and carving up Seattles Defense. 14-10 49ers. 

So yeah 49ers Defense starts to dominate and sack Wilson like 6 times and Niners start moving the ball much better. 

14-13 49ers

17-13 49ers, Wilson stripped again but settle for FG. 

24-13 49ers, 

24-16 49ers. 

27-16 49ers. 

27-19 49ers. 

30-19 49ers. 

30-19 49ers Final. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, oldman9er said:

We really need the pressure to get amped up (without blitzing) again. The biggest reason for the defensive struggles, in my opinion. I think that Blair injury was pretty brutal, to be honest, especially when paired with the Ford injury. Our defensive ends are tired. 

Before the Seattle game, Bosa's defensive snaps played were between 30-41, with a snap percentage between 43-85%. 

Starting with the Seattle game (Blair's injury)? He hasn't played fewer than 51 (last week), and has been between 51-68 with a percentage between 73% - and two games of 94%. He did have the Green Bay game where he was only in there for 67% snaps, but it was still 53 total snaps (higher than anything pre Seattle) and he was out in the third quarter. 

This is asking a lot of him. The dude was a rotational player even in college, and missed all of last season. He's got to be a bit tired (though makes it all the more impressive with the way he's still handling tackles, even if he's not getting home). 

AA is the same boat. Pre Seattle, he had played in only one game where he had 80% of the snaps (Washington, he played 83%). Starting with Seattle? He's hit over 90% of the defensive snaps 3 times and has a 4th game of 88%. Like Bosa, his lowest snap count from week 10 on is higher than his highest snap count from week 1-9. 

That's a lot of football over the past 7 weeks that they maybe weren't quite ready for. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, nayad said:

No Quandre Diggs and Duane Brown is huge. Two pretty irreplaceable guys on that roster

If we lose this game, we need to just start forfeiting the Seattle away game from here on out. Seriously, just save the fuel, do the environment a solid, and take the extra bye week for the team's health lol. 

Seattle, with their +12 point differential. Missing multiple starters, signing guys off the street to start at running back. A season where their vaunted home field advantage resulted in getting beat down by NO at home, losing to AZ at home, almost losing to Cincinnati at home, almost losing to the Rams at home (missed FG), losing by two scores to the Ravens at home, and giving up 34 to Tampa in a game that they probably should have lost at home as well.... 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Forge said:
12 hours ago, oldman9er said:

We really need the pressure to get amped up (without blitzing) again. The biggest reason for the defensive struggles, in my opinion. I think that Blair injury was pretty brutal, to be honest, especially when paired with the Ford injury. Our defensive ends are tired. 

Agree with much here and the full post, though I do think losing Kwon and Tartt lately have added misery to us. And of course, I think Salad does the rushers no favors by playing soft on the back end. Seeing so much of 51 and 57 was so not the plan, going into the season. They are young and growing, but the lessons learned at times have been rough on us. 

We will definitely need "Good Jimmy" to show up early and often, this weekend... and the D can't allow Lynch to gash us at 6+ yds a clip either. 

• Like 2